[1.13.4] Instruments Mod 1.0.14

Novocain

Adds 3 playable instrument models created by tenabrae also known as BunnyViking at http://vs.usagi.com.au (broken, tenabrae has decided to no longer be involved with VS).

To use them, you hold the instrument in your hand and right click, moving the view up and down will raise and lower the pitch of the instrument.2019-05-10_00-47-33.thumb.png.ac9d9cddf786bf1eab90b351c6f9c0b7.png

Download:

Instruments Mod.zip

Edited by Novocain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Novocain changed the title to [1.9.3] Instruments Mod 1.0.1

You have used really nice sounding instruments here.  All of my favourites in fact but I would like to make a suggestion.  It would be great if the tempo could vary.  Here is what I mean - The slower you move the mouse the tempo would decrease and the faster you move the mouse it would increase.  Loving this mod.  Keep up the good work.

Edited by LassieTartan
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LassieTartan said:

You have used really nice sounding instruments here.  All of my favourites in fact but I would like to make a suggestion.  It would be great if the tempo could vary.  Here is what I mean - The slower you move the mouse the tempo would decrease and the faster you move the mouse it would increase.  Loving this mod.  Keep up the good work.

I'm going to work with novocain to hopefully add more instruments and put in a proper playing method (or variant on the current method) and maybe add chords and a proper sustain for the flute. Thanks for the feedback.

• 10 months later...

Hello, would love to use this could we get an update. I could really use some music in my world.

Currently, you can create the flute but as soon as you put it in hand and right click game crashes..

The flute and mandolin are a must..

Edit: If this is not continued is there a Modder out there that would consider taking on adding a bamboo flute, and a Mandolin. We really need music.

Edited by Tehgarin

• 2 months later...

If any of you ever played Lord of the Rings online, you might remmember the music system in the game. 

Basically, you would just equip musical instruments on your character, then press Ctrl + m, bringing you into music mode. 
From there on, your whole keyboard would be used a a synthesizer basically, but with medieval instruments ofc., like the basoon, flute, mandolin, lute and so on. Also had some percussion instruments in the mix, really awesome.

You could rebind every single key on your keyboard, to litreally any single note, in any octave! The jam was on. You could oficially play anything.

I used to go  around from city to city with my friend, and just jam. FYI I do play a lot of music IRL, so it just made a lot of sense with the music system.
People starded clapping and dansing, smoking pipes and watching, sometimes joining in themselves (which was either really bad or semi bad, but very fun nonetheless). Sometimes we'd play the themesong from of Lord of the Rings, just to fuck with everyone. It was amazing.

The point is, it was probably the best multiplayer roleplaying experience Ive ever had!

We connected with so many people, so quickly, and made something unique, shared our minds in the process.

A great way to express yourself in game, making the player connect with the world, because you have limitless creative content, made by the player, in.game.
The creative freedom to create something TRULY (almost) unique in-game, like with chiseling, is just really fitting for VintageStory, and makes you feel like you can do something no one else might/can do, not because of numbers or stats, but because of creativity and skill, making your experience unique, making you a unique expressive individual in the game.
Being able to make instruments from the materials you find, and travel the world as a musician, visiting player-homes and playing music would be L-L-Legendary.

I would love something like that for Vintage Story.

+ Pipesmoking, Fishing and Boats/mounts (for that selfsustaining nomad caravan lifestyle), then we're there.
(some proc-gen travesersable roads/paths between locations, with dilapidated bridges over clefts etc. would also be a great deal of fun travel on with a mount pulling cart or something.)

I like the idea of this music system, because it fits the way you play the flute and other wind instruments IRL.
But it is not as effective as the sytem in LotR, when it comes to playing something like the Lute, or anyother string instrument.
Percussion would definitely be a bit weird with this system.

Cheers. Love it either way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.