Easy way to toggle greenhouse effect on and off

Professor Dragon

REQUEST:

I'd like to be able to "open a vent" in my "greenhouse" and be able to switch it from the greenhouse effect, to not.

For example, to have a vertical trapdoor in a wall, if opened, turn the effect off. And closed, on.
(I don't mind about the four hour checking delay. That's fine.)

Similar to how in a real greenhouse there are vents that you open in hot weather, and close at night.

I see that a lot of people have trouble in activating a greenhouse. My issue is the opposite! I can't "break" my greenhouse.

I have tried:

• Changing a full block roof glass block to a closed trapdoor.
    (I don't want it open, to avoid drifters falling through.)
  • Replacing some of the full block glass wall windows with half block glass windows.

However even after many in-game hours/days, these have not removed the "greenhouse" flag from the farmland.

Which is a bit of an issue in a warm climate. Although the primary purpose of a greenhouse is useful to extend the season, I have also very much appreciated been able to work on crops without worrying about drifters.

And no, I don't want to manually remove walls or ceilings, although I could if that would be reliable. Hmmm. I haven't tried some fences instead of glass yet . . .

If anyone has any existing solutions to this conundrum, let me know.

Thank you!

Edited by TheDancingFox
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:44 AM, Maelstrom said:

knocking out just one block should do the trick.

Yes, it did.  I took a wall block right out and that worked.

It would be nice though to have a block in its place. It's a bit unnerving having drifters all around, even if they haven't figured out yet a way to get me through a 1x1 hole.

I haven't tried the fence . . . should get onto that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.