World Content Options Checklist

KIEROK

This is not a particularly original idea- and I'm assuming it's not already submitted :), but I was thinking about the stuff that's missing, and I thought it would be cool if content could be added using a customization checklist for each world. For example...

__ Realism: ( __Stamina, __Drowning, __block gravity...)  **There could be check boxes for each item. So you could check Realism and add stamina and drowning, but not block gravity,for example

__Bad weather: ( __Seasons__Rain__Snow__Freezing__Overheating...)

__Scary mobs: (Drifters break blocks, mobs that fly..., Events that affect mobs (blood moon kinds of things)

__Magic: (Spells, Potions, Items...) ** Maybe some content is all or nothing.

__Biome... & __Mountain Height...  &__Ore Concentration... Or whatever you like

This way the basic game can stay pristine. And yet it can still grow and be fresh and replayable. Also, modders might be inspired to create potential content options for you as mods, if they have a chance of becoming a permanent part of the game.

These are some great ideas! Some of them are already actively being explored by the developer but it's nice to hear people having the same ideas as it shows greater player interest and helps those ideas get to the top of the list.

• 3 months later...

I know the post is a bit old, but "world options" are still high on my want list as well. See a game like Zomboid as reference. It should almost be illegal how many world options you can configure in that game. Would also severely reduce the need for modding in many instances (if you just wish certain entity spawns were higher/lower, wanted to alter day or night length, etc.)

Edited by ThreeHeadedDingo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.