Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Does the herbal tea recipe still exist (1.6.8 on 1.19.3)? I can't find it in the handbook, but with the revamp of how wildcraft even works I can understand why it might not. Don't think the server even has wildcraft, either, but before I go bugging the op to add it I'd like to know the recipe exists 😅.

I do think there's room for teas to be expanded to use vanilla plants, you can make tea (well, technically tisanes) out of basically any sort of leaf. The various vanilla trees (may need a separate mod to make the leaves obtainable), flowers and even mushrooms could all be infused in water.

Edited by Novalee

18 hours ago, Novalee said:

Does the herbal tea recipe still exist (1.6.8 on 1.19.3)? I can't find it in the handbook, but with the revamp of how wildcraft even works I can understand why it might not. Don't think the server even has wildcraft, either, but before I go bugging the op to add it I'd like to know the recipe exists 😅.

I do think there's room for teas to be expanded to use vanilla plants, you can make tea (well, technically tisanes) out of basically any sort of leaf. The various vanilla trees (may need a separate mod to make the leaves obtainable), flowers and even mushrooms could all be infused in water.

No. Wildcraft said they'd do it years ago and never got around to it.

Im making syrup using the cauldrun, but I can't make it in batches larger than 1l -> 0.3l, which seems to be quite small and is the same as a saucepan. Is this the intended limit, or am I missing something?

Edited by Davsan
fixed units

9 hours ago, Davsan said:

Im making syrup using the cauldrun, but I can't make it in batches larger than 1l -> 0.3l, which seems to be quite small and is the same as a saucepan. Is this the intended limit, or am I missing something?

No, the cauldron can hold up to 50 L of liquid.

On 2/18/2024 at 10:40 PM, l33tmaan said:

Yes, it works in 1.19.3.

It does not fully work in 1.19.3. Most of the recipes don't provide bonuses and offer little satiety, so they are cost-ineffective to cook.

image.png.33a1cdce53fd1ffbbd7942ba05d845b8.pngimage.png.7145961666367096fdce46652176e186.pngimage.png.e82aa90d0d335e201a79dce2a243c1c2.pngimage.png.68866314fd59480ce19c15d96b693078.png 

It's an awesome mod and I'd really love to be use it fully...

Edited by Psyborg

Finally starting to explore ACA and EF after coming across them briefly on a server a year ago.

Is there a way to make jam using dried/dehydrated fruit?  I thought I read that dried fruit could substitute in for fresh fruit in recipes, but try as I might, I can't get jam to work with dried fruit (which makes sense IRL as you'd need some water in the mixture).  Have I just missed something, or is it not possible?  Do you maybe need to rehydrate the berries?  If that's the case, I'm insanely impressed by l33tmaan's attention to detail!  I must have missed something in the handbook...

Edit: Is it because jam isn't classed as a "meal"?  I notice that's the term that's used in the handbook where it says you can use dried/dehydrated fruit in place of fresh fruit.

Edited by StatsBloke

Not 100% sure as I don't have the large cauldron. The saucepan and small cauldron only boil on slot 1, think the saucepan holds 4L and the small cauldron 20L, but it all goes in first slot only when cooking syrup, for broth liquid in first and foodish chunks in second.

14 hours ago, Davsan said:

But when i fill the couldron with more than 1l of juice it never cooks into syrup.

Skärmbild 2024-02-23 214518.png

I can confirm what LastChime says - I was learning what's possible with slots for the cauldron etc yesterday, and you do have to put it all in the first slot.

Hi, was wondering if the Wildcraft compatibility will be updated to the Herbarium mods, or if I should try and jury-rig it myself.
Also, wondering if Butchery could/would get a compatibility patch, as the smoked meat seems to stop working in meals when Expanded Foods is installed.
Thank you for the excellent mod, I literally never play without it.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:45 PM, Davsan said:

But when i fill the couldron with more than 1l of juice it never cooks into syrup.

Skärmbild 2024-02-23 214518.png

As I've run into this in the past.  If memory serves, you have to fill the large cauldron as if it's a barrel to get it to make syrup, as well as get it to hold the full 50L

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 9:48 PM, Kaceri said:

I haven’t been able to get trail mix to work, but am playing on a heavily modded server. Any specifics that need to be followed?

image.png.529963ff4e4bbce8e2d9bffaed226d96.png

It's working on my machine. The first four ingredients on the left are mandatory, AND you need to add one of them again into the fifth and/or sixth slots to make a specific kind of trail mix - such as fruity trail mix or cheesy trail mix.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:40 AM, Psyborg said:

It does not fully work in 1.19.3. Most of the recipes don't provide bonuses and offer little satiety, so they are cost-ineffective to cook.

image.png.33a1cdce53fd1ffbbd7942ba05d845b8.png 

It's an awesome mod and I'd really love to be use it fully...

image.png.75c8fbfa3c6d00c9fe2bab490a4f155a.png

Extra nutrients are working fine for me in 1.19.4. I'm not sure why you'd be able to make the items but they still don't have extra nutrition - I haven't seen that before.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:05 PM, Zebrian said:

Hi, was wondering if the Wildcraft compatibility will be updated to the Herbarium mods, or if I should try and jury-rig it myself.
Also, wondering if Butchery could/would get a compatibility patch, as the smoked meat seems to stop working in meals when Expanded Foods is installed.
Thank you for the excellent mod, I literally never play without it.

I'm working on brushing up Ancient Tools compatibility right now, but that's to get me ready to tackle Wildcraft and Herbarium. They'll be included in the next update.

22 hours ago, Shinji170981 said:

Is there a possibility, to add stackability to the gelatin? Every stack i split, i can't stack anymore, even though the details are the same.

Would really appreciate that :)

The max stack size is already 16. I guess I can increase it to 32.

On 2/22/2024 at 7:04 PM, StatsBloke said:

Finally starting to explore ACA and EF after coming across them briefly on a server a year ago.

Is there a way to make jam using dried/dehydrated fruit?  I thought I read that dried fruit could substitute in for fresh fruit in recipes, but try as I might, I can't get jam to work with dried fruit (which makes sense IRL as you'd need some water in the mixture).  Have I just missed something, or is it not possible?  Do you maybe need to rehydrate the berries?  If that's the case, I'm insanely impressed by l33tmaan's attention to detail!  I must have missed something in the handbook...

Hah, no. I take pride in my attention to detail but this isn't one of those situations. Nothing in Expanded Foods actually touches jam... at all. Because jam sucks and I literally never make it in-game. Fruit cannot be re-hydrated either. If i could do that without it completely resetting the perish timer, then I would - but I think if I tried that now then you could just keep dehydrating and rehydrating fruit forever.

I plan on making my own jam some day. Eventually.

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 5:37 PM, l33tmaan said:

image.png.75c8fbfa3c6d00c9fe2bab490a4f155a.png

Extra nutrients are working fine for me in 1.19.4. I'm not sure why you'd be able to make the items but they still don't have extra nutrition - I haven't seen that before.

Yeah, it works (still on 1.19.3 atm). I was testing it in creative mode - spawning sub-components. When I did everything step by step in survival - it comes out as it should. So, it was a user error. ;) 

Btw, I've noticed that when mixing salads, the time for spoiling is calculated (mostly?) of the 1st ingredient. So when I put i.e. sunflower seeds the final salad lasts for months. But when I rearrange the order and put i.e. redmeat nuggets, then the final salad lasts a few weeks top. There's like x10 difference and I'm sure it comes from the 1st slot in the mixing bowl.

6 hours ago, Psyborg said:

Btw, I've noticed that when mixing salads, the time for spoiling is calculated (mostly?) of the 1st ingredient. So when I put i.e. sunflower seeds the final salad lasts for months. But when I rearrange the order and put i.e. redmeat nuggets, then the final salad lasts a few weeks top. There's like x10 difference and I'm sure it comes from the 1st slot in the mixing bowl.

Ok update on the salads. There's something really messed up in the code for perishness.

Looks like each ingredient in it has its own perish timer. And if one of the ingredients rots, the whole salad is rotten and inedible... While it still says "Fresh for 1,1 years"...
The only one that stayed fresh was the one where I did not add meat nuggets.

image.thumb.png.b94384208b30198672b22bfe02442660.pngimage.thumb.png.a4f8878da07ea55b522f19ded8155dc5.pngimage.png.bf7fd3bd7082e3bd99107c5d9901abc5.png

Edited by Psyborg
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.