Possible Wiki Update

ruggbean

That's not quite correct. He hosts and operates it, and sometimes assigns user permissions and such. Though these days it's typically Stroam who handles it in his stead.

@ruggbean - I recommend heading onto Discord into the #wiki-and-translations channel, and talk about your suggestions there. That will either result in someone going "sure, i can do that", or, more likely, you being told "make an account and tell us, we'll give you edit permissions, then you can do it yourself".

However, you will also be told that in this particular case, it's intentional for the alloys to not be on the metals page. Because there's a separate alloys page, which already lists them all. The first paragraph of the metals page links to it.

So your actual task here is not to find someone to make the changes for you, or even to make them yourself; rather, consider your task to start a discussion about whether the current model of having the ingot listing split across two pages is good or not, and what can be done to improve it. That could be merging both pages into one, but it could also involve making the reference to the alloys page more visible, or some other solution like it.

That's why it's a chat channel: to discuss things with other people :)

Edited by Streetwind
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Streetwind said:

That's not quite correct. He hosts and operates it, and sometimes assigns user permissions and such. Though these days it's typically Stroam who handles it in his stead.

@ruggbean - I recommend heading onto Discord into the #wiki-and-translations channel, and talk about your suggestions there. That will either result in someone going "sure, i can do that", or, more likely, you being told "make an account and tell us, we'll give you edit permissions, then you can do it yourself".

However, you will also be told that in this particular case, it's intentional for the alloys to not be on the metals page. Because there's a separate alloys page, which already lists them all. The first paragraph of the metals page links to it.

So your actual task here is not to find someone to make the changes for you, or even to make them yourself; rather, consider your task to start a discussion about whether the current model of having the ingot listing split across two pages is good or not, and what can be done to improve it. That could be merging both pages into one, but it could also involve making the reference to the alloys page more visible, or some other solution like it.

That's why it's a chat channel: to discuss things with other people :)

Appreciate you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.