Has food become easier since 1.17?

Thorfinn
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Finally got my fall work done IRL (firewood stacked, garden harvested, canning done, house and outbuildings ready for winter, etc.,) so have some spare time. Back to playing my 3-day runs, trying out different playstyles to see what works best in the new version. Either I'm getting a whole lot better at the game or the game is a lot more lenient in giving out food.

Not having to chop out a tree to get a fire to get a torch has been a huge improvement. But while I used to have maybe a couple small stacks of berries that would be enough for a good breakfast and maybe a bit more, my last few runs have been nuts. Sixty berries by nightfall is now a pretty low end, counts well over 100 are more common. A midnight snack the next night of some porridge with veggies and berries is the beginning of the end of hunger issues.

Kind of related, sort of, why am I running into clay in areas of low precip? One run a couple days ago I set up my first night camp on top of a deposit of blue clay AND peat within an 8x4 blockhouse, and when I hit "C" to check the temperature, noticed that precip was low. I imagine it is possible it was whichever ruins mod I was using, or maybe primitive survival, but other than that, I'm running pretty vanilla.

Anyone else running into things like this?

I didn't know that clay wasn't supposed to be in areas of low precipitation. Are you sure that was not just a coincidence within your past world gen?

I use patchy climate, so maybe that makes a difference? But my last two worlds (1.16-1.17, possibly began one world in 1.15) had base in low precipitation area and there was also clay.

Edited by dakko

Could be. Never really paid much attention, other than it seems it's always raining when I'm collecting peat, and usually raining when I'm clayforming that first night on top of a clay deposit. Only reason the clay stands out in mind is I that I realized this is the first time I did not have to shield the torch from the rain in a long, long time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.