My suggestions

Dj3dzx

I've been enjoying this game so far, it's the most fun I had in a while but it's clear to me that it's still pretty rudimentary in some aspects so I made a list of things that I think would make the game cooler.

-Ropes or anything to make animals follow you, maybe done with flax fiber and some metal pieces.

-Better customization, I'm talking about a more diverse colour pallette since all characters you can make look like aliens or trolls, also being able to scale up heads, torsos, height, eye size and so on, (So you can have more diversity).

-Salt and salted meats, a classic way to preserve meats for winter.

-High risk high rewards at mines and caves, I think at the moment the caves aren't really worth it exploring for minerals since it can be a lot of trouble so a way of balancing it could be adding more minerals, ruins, and way more incentives to take the risks to go down there.

-Third person view, no idea if this is on the game already but I'll put it here anyways.

-Mushroom farming

-more human NPC's and being able to befriend them or start a family would be cool.

-Following the NPC topic Quests could be an amazing feature (gather items, slay monsters, craft stuff).

-Tranaportation like simple boats, horse carts, so on.

-Decorative furniture like sofas, chairs, so on.

-An option that when you die a mark is added to the map on the location you died.

-A corpse of the PC character when you die that contains all your items (instead of just the items around the floor).

-Translation to Spanish, Portuguese and French

Sorry if I have some grammar issues I'm not a native english speaker.

Some of what you mention is already on the roadmap: https://www.vintagestory.at/roadmap.html/

I'll just mention a couple of things:

- salt and salted meat is already in the game

- with chiseling, you can make all of the decorative furniture you could desire. Take a look at Ashantin's "Best Builds" series where she tours other player's builds, so much talent! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0X6CvP-adaD5PGzQ4txSJNWOpf90BS0Y

Hypi does some gorgeous chiseling: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_q6aL2vcF-u8jO6AHso2vI177De9tyTw

• Like 1

I think for the salt it would be cool (once oceans are added) to being able to separate the water and salt and then use the grinder to make it finer.

And for the furtniture maybe some premade objects could be cool for starter players! :)

Also thank you for replying!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dj3dzx said:

-High risk high rewards at mines and caves, I think at the moment the caves aren't really worth it exploring for minerals since it can be a lot of trouble so a way of balancing it could be adding more minerals, ruins, and way more incentives to take the risks to go down there.

All that is already down there, sure not in every cave and shouldn't be but Ive found some amazing things underground and many minerals down there with it all.

I've been in two of them, but they felt empty an felt like they lack something, exploring cave systems feel way less intriguing/fun than exploring the surface.

For the other point, the game has taken freedom in certain points of "realism" and caves could have a similar treatment and be prettier, I'm not saying that all caves should be amazing or cool looking but having more diversity can make the experience feel more rewarding for the players and not a tedious task.

8 hours ago, dakko said:

Your second photo reminds me of glow worm caves. Have you come across any of those yet? eta: or crystals?

One way to think of it: even in real life, amazing cave features are rare.

• Like 1

I have some limited spelunking experiences and gotta say that current VS caves are the norm for caves IRL.  I do agree that having some caves that are outside the norm would be wonderful even if there's no treasure or loot to be exploited; the sight of the cave would be treasure enough.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.