Reduced Limestone Generation?

Credinus

Has anyone else run into greatly reduced frequency of limestone generation in 1.18? We've covered tens of thousands of blocks in every direction on our server, and have not come across any visible surface limestone at all. Bauxite, on the other hand, seems incredibly common compared to previous versions.

i just started my 1.18 world a few days ago and already came across a lifetime supply before even reaching the copper age. couldnt of been more than a few thousand blocks worth of travel myself. granted i'm aware it's pretty lucky to find it easily, but nothing indicates reduced frequency for me.

Bad seed luck, I suppose! I suspect having a 30% water setting is affecting our rock luck as well. I underestimated how deep those oceans get and how much potential rock/ore you give up by having all that water.

Hopefully there are some big plans for enhancing what's underwater; given what I've learned from this world, until then, I don't think I'd ever set the water percentage above like 5%. The loss of resources is very, very noticeable.

HI,
I think the problem is the seed of the world which maybe is unlucky, I have two worlds (one for live and one to play alone) and one seed has the limestone quite easy to find, while in the other seed the limestone seems not to exist ( and I drilled quite a bit up to Igneous or Metamorphic rocks).

I guess it's just bad luck or something is wrong on a world generation level.
But still I persevered the game :D

2 hours ago, Noelle Lavenza said:

Igneous rock tends to generate in very large regions and is also very common. If you spawn somewhere with igneous rock it can be quite hard to find other rock types without going through a translocator, in my experience.

Conglomerate can also be huge. I generally don't bother with translocators, but, yeah, there are a lot of spawns where you are going to be running your feet off to get limestone. For what its worth, there are always shells, pretty much everywhere.

The problem isn't so much the rarity, but the fact the stinkers don't stack. Kind of like mushrooms. It's only a couple days of more or less dedicated collecting, during which you will likely find chalk or limestone anyway.

That's kind of the problem with several things, though. Clutter doesn't stack. Butterflies don't stack. Mushrooms and shells. If you harvest quartz bits, you end up with 1 silver or 1 gold or 1 of each, yet they each take a full stack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.