Receiving multiple damage until instant death (Edit 2)

betterdayz

Hey everyone,

I have a weird bug that makes the gaming experience awful.

Everytime i get damage from another entity its multi-hits. Like So many that I die. And it doesnt matter which creature it is.

Example One: I have 30 HP and want to kill a Aurochs. The animation of the Aurochs shows that it hit´s me once but i instantly die. The Damage Log later shows 11 times damage (its 3hp per hit, i reduced it in world configs).

Example Two: I have no food left and am starving. The HP bar reduces within a few seconds.

Now i know for sure that this is not normal behavior so I quickly figuered that it has something to do with mod interference.

So i started a new world and did some testing. I ultimatly found that one mod (carrycapacity) that caused this problem.  After i deactivated it everything worked fine. Now i found that this Mod had a relaunch (CarryOn). I installed the new one, did the testing and everything was fine as well. So i happily started the world, opened it for LAN to play with my girlfriend just to discover that the problem still exists. And it does not change, even if I deactivate the mod now. 

Edit: The Mod that also causes this Problem is PetAI. But now i want to know whats exactly the problem and how to tackle it. Anyone got an idea?

Edit2: Again this behavior shows although i deactivated the mod PetAI. I´m so confused right now because i don´t have any logic explanation. Are there any logfiles that could give me an better insight?

PS: I really tried to capture my screen to show you everything but i failed at it and tbh its more challenging than surviving in this game lol. 

Abstract of Damage Log

Spoiler

1.6.2023 12:06:16 [Chat] Welcome betterdayz, may you survive well and prosper @ 0
1.6.2023 12:07:22 [Chat] Lost 3 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
1.6.2023 12:07:22 [Chat] Lost 3 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
1.6.2023 12:07:23 [Chat] Lost 3 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
1.6.2023 12:07:23 [Chat] Player betterdayz got killed by an angry Aurochs @ 0
1.6.2023 12:07:28 [Chat] You have re-emerged at your returning point. It will vanish after 99 more uses @ 0
1.6.2023 12:07:28 [Chat] Gained 30,53 hp through heal @ -5

Thanks in advance for any help; I appreciate it.

.VSModlist.png.10b241cb543b20ad555ecedab92ea1eb.png

Edited by betterdayz
Found the Cause

• betterdayz changed the title to Receiving multiple damage until instant death (Edit 2)

Hey,

So, I have the exact same thing. For some reason everything kept killing me, checked the Damage log today and realized that for "one hit animation" everything hits 3 times.... 

Thing though, if it actually comes from a mod, the only ones I have in common with you are:

Animalcages & PrimitiveSurvival (I do use CarryCapacity but apparently you've run this one out right?)

Have you found out what the problem was by any chance?

Thanks!

Edited by Tytyes

Hi,

well short answer is I play without the following mods: PetAI, Feverstone´s Horses, Carry On.

I tested the following with a negative result:

Deactivating PrimitiveSurvival (PS) and activating the above mentioned three, or any combination of these mods resulted in the problem.

So while the mods PetAI, Feverstone´s Horses, Carry On on their own seem to work fine, the root seems to be in another mod, or a combination. But its really hard to figure it out.

I mean technically some mods (like expanding the stacksize of items) should not have anything to do with this problem bc they dont affect damage in any way. But i cant tell that for sure which is why i asked for log files or anything like that.

cheers

On 6/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, betterdayz said:

The Damage Log later shows 11 times damage (its 3hp per hit, i reduced it in world configs).

Do you mean the configuration screen when creating a new world? Or is this a configuration file for one of the mods?

My suspicion is that perhaps this configuration setting is not working as expected, or is interacting with a mod in a way that is not expected (in other words, that you *think* is has been set to a reduced number but the number is actually multiplied... although the effect is not seen until some mod or combination of mods sets it off).

If you don't get an answer here about which log files to look at, maybe ask in Vintarian Support or in the VS discord server.

Hi thanks for your reply. I was referring to the option when creating a new world. 

What happened in the old world where I didn't touch this setting was that creatures made 6 instead of 3 HP damage per hit. I still instantly died, but they just needed 5 or 6 hits lol. 

If we look at example 2 (starvation) it becomes clearer. It's not the amount of damage that's a problem. The problem is that the damage gets multiplied so drastically that there's simply no chance to survive. 

• Like 1

Yes i found something - thanks for the tip!

These are the informations I can provide:

Damage Log (Timestamp orientation)

Spoiler

4.6.2023 13:14:31 [Chat] Lost 2,28 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
4.6.2023 13:14:31 [Chat] Lost 7,5 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
4.6.2023 13:14:31 [Chat] Lost 2,28 hp by an angry Aurochs (Creature) @ -5
4.6.2023 13:14:32 [Chat] Player betterdayz got killed by an angry Aurochs @ 0
4.6.2023 13:14:37 [Chat] You have re-emerged at your returning point. It will vanish after 99 more uses @ 0
4.6.2023 13:14:37 [Chat] Gained 26,98 hp through heal @ -5

Server Event Log

Spoiler

4.6.2023 13:14:31 [Fatal] System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity Vintagestory.API.Common.DamageSource.GetCauseEntity()".
   bei PetAI.EntityBehaviorGiveCommand.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 786.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.attackTarget() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\TasksImpl\AiTaskMeleeAttack.cs:Zeile 161.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.ContinueExecute(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\TasksImpl\AiTaskMeleeAttack.cs:Zeile 147.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskManager.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\AiTaskManager.cs:Zeile 201.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorTaskAI.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\BehaviorTaskAI.cs:Zeile 116.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 890.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityAgent.cs:Zeile 525.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 287.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 152.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:Zeile 759.
4.6.2023 13:14:31 [Fatal] System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity Vintagestory.API.Common.DamageSource.GetCauseEntity()".
   bei PetAI.EntityBehaviorGiveCommand.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 786.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.attackTarget() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\TasksImpl\AiTaskMeleeAttack.cs:Zeile 161.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.ContinueExecute(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\TasksImpl\AiTaskMeleeAttack.cs:Zeile 147.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskManager.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\AiTaskManager.cs:Zeile 201.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorTaskAI.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSEssentials\Entity\AI\Task\BehaviorTaskAI.cs:Zeile 116.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 890.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityAgent.cs:Zeile 525.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 287.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 152.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:Zeile 759.
4.6.2023 13:14:37 [Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerRespawn
4.6.2023 13:14:37 [Error] Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity Vintagestory.API.Common.DamageSource.GetCauseEntity()".
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.Revive() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 1608.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.Revive() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityPlayer.cs:Zeile 1023.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<OnPlayerRespawn>b__4() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 593.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.<>c__DisplayClass100_0.<TeleportToDouble>b__0() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityPlayer.cs:Zeile 1269.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.LoadChunkColumnFast(Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, ChunkLoadOptions options) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\LoadThread\SupplyChunks.cs:Zeile 230.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.TeleportToDouble(Double x, Double y, Double z, Action onTeleported) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityPlayer.cs:Zeile 1274.
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.TeleportTo(EntityPos position, Action onTeleported) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:Zeile 771.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.LocateRandomPosition(Vec3d centerPos, Single radius, Int32 tries, ActionConsumable`1 testThisPosition, Action`1 onSearchOver) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMainNetworking.cs:Zeile 397.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnPlayerRespawn(IServerPlayer player) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\EntitySimulation.cs:Zeile 581.
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerRespawn(IServerPlayer player) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:Zeile 662.

Server Main Log:

Spoiler

I guess the C:\Users\Tyron\xxx refers to the "main" mods like the essential code?

The bold text "missing method exception" seems to be a result because i got hit by an modded Entity? Aurochs is an entity from the lichen  Medieval Expansion mod.

But the behavior occurs independently of the creature,  

Edited by betterdayz
Named the wrong mod

PetAI is the only mod mentioned in the log files, as far as I can tell. I hope Gerste will be able to tell if it may be the source of the problem (since PetAI is their mod).

Please let us know if you do find a solution. I'm really curious as to what is causing this to happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any solution yet? I get this even though Pet AI has never been on. 
Edit. I disabled Carry On (which never worked for me anyway) and the issue seems to be fixed.

Edited by Miccael

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.