Temporal Rifts/Stability

pluto

What am I missing here? On paper it sounds good but it's implemented so badly, I can't even comprehend. 

I build my base and after 6 days my TS is dropping. I just thought it was a side effect of a TR arriving but that wasn't the case, it was simply to the fact that my base is in instable area(????). Additionally there is no indication how to increase TS - so I just die while my character is not shutting up, or I completely deactivate it. 

Is anyone finding this fun, fair or/and an engaging mechanic?

Quite a few of us find it engaging.  There's multiple temporal mechanics in the game that are independent of each other.  Environmental stability is fixed and cannot be altered.  If you settle in a temporally unstable area, be sure to spend time in temporally stable areas to avoid the side effects.

Rifts are a separate mechanic entirely and can be manipulated by lighting up the area sufficiently.  My home is lit to the point where I do not worry at all, including nights with apocalyptic activity.

• Like 2

When I first started, yeah, it was a big deal.

I guess I don't mind it anymore, or even give it more than passing acknowledgement. It does not take too long before you look at that before you start building just to make sure you are in a good region. Quite often, you only need to build a short distance away. Either that or you don't bother to live wherever you build, or even to bother building at all until later in the game. Unless it is apocalyptic, you don't really need to shelter in place, and with a little practice, not even then.

If it's only a place to stash the stuff you want to keep, it doesn't really matter.

But you be you. If you are more of a builder type than survival type, just turn that off in the game setup until you are ready for that, if ever.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.