Crops not growing.

Mopar_or_nocar22

Started a new world with default survival world settings. No mods. Found some terra pretta right away, but the crops just refuse to grow. I water them religiously, month is currently july at max 19 degrees Celsius and minimum 9 degrees Celsius. Its been over a week ingame since I planted everything all at once with fresh dug up soil. Pulling my dang hair out trying to figure it out.

image.thumb.png.65154a579e2dcd632591aabf7239e271.png 

10 hours ago, Streetwind said:

It looks like one plant in the top row managed to reach stage 2?

But yeah, that is somewhat slow. Most crops should take around 2 months now, so 18 days at default settings and 100% growth speed from farmland. Turnips should only take one month.

Which version are you on?

I'm currently running the latest version from the website, bought the game last Saturday. The crops in the corner are currently at 3/9 growth stage. The only thing I can think to do is just dig it all up and try to replant next to a water source nearby to help keep them at maximum moisture.

You aren't going to get a whole lot better than 86% moisture. That's not the problem. You didn't do something like select 30 day months, did you? Crop growth rate scales to month length. Flax, for example, takes about 2 months to grow, so if you changed month length, you have to ignore what it says on the seed packet. If you planted it early May, it won't be mature until late June, regardless of how many days that is.

Edited by Thorfinn

15 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

You aren't going to get a whole lot better than 86% moisture. That's not the problem. You didn't do something like select 30 day months, did you? Crop growth rate scales to month length. Flax, for example, takes about 2 months to grow, so if you changed month length, you have to ignore what it says on the seed packet. If you planted it early May, it won't be mature until late June, regardless of how many days that is.

These are my current world settings. Months are at 9 days.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 124621.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.