Dry grass unsuitable fodder for pigs?

Luin

The wiki is maintained by community volunteers, and thus, misunderstandings and false assumptions will sometimes make it in; or outdated information does not get updated. And it can stay that way for a long time when no one feels motivated to change it.

Pigs will not, in fact, eat dry grass. Not sure they ever did. If so, it was many versions ago.

Edited by Streetwind

5 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

The wiki is maintained by community volunteers, and thus, misunderstandings and false assumptions will sometimes make it in; or outdated information does not get updated. And it can stay that way for a long time when no one feels motivated to change it.

Pigs will not, in fact, eat dry grass. Not sure they ever did. If so, it was many versions ago.

Ah I see. I'll make a note to edit that when I get the time

13 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Pigs used to eat grass and hay for a long, long time. The newest 1.18 version (1.18.8) that I have, still has them eating grass/hay.

In 1.18, it was specified in:

assets/survival/blocktypes/wood/trough-large.json

Huh. I thought that was the case, too, @Streetwind. Hay for sheep, veggies for pigs, grain for chickens. Wonder if it was just that was the first thing I tried, or that it made sense, or I had way too many turnips, or maybe one of the earlier releases was that way.

Mandela effect. ;) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Thorfinn

On 2/19/2024 at 8:18 AM, Thorfinn said:

Huh. I thought that was the case, too, @Streetwind. Hay for sheep, veggies for pigs, grain for chickens. Wonder if it was just that was the first thing I tried, or that it made sense, or I had way too many turnips, or maybe one of the earlier releases was that way.

Mandela effect. ;) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Given how much dry grass it took I switched to flax grain as soon as I could.  Given that flax grain came in more abundantly than the veggies (coz I was always planting way more flax than everything else) I didn't really bother with feeding veggies to the aminals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.