Questions about the new animals (Goats and Deer)

Stejer

In the last update the developers added deer species based on the textures of the capricolinae mod. And also being someone who loves animals id like to know (and maybe give some ideas) about what animals and animal related features could be added

My question is the following,

1 -the design of the deer is extremely diferent from the ones of the already existing animals (the deer are more detailed and feel more "fancy" so to say in comparison to the sheep for exemple being more blocky are rustic) so does that mean that the developers are going to redesign the old animals?

2- will the developers implement the other mods of the creator of the capricolinae mod? Like the canines and big cats ones?

3- it might just be due to being unlucky or maybe being in the wrong climate or something but I find that the spawn chance for the deer and goat are much smaller to others like boars and sheep. And i'd like to change that if possible

4- could it be possible to introduce a "sheperd-like" sistem for goats and sheep? For exemple being able to control their direction without scaring them maybe through the use of a walking stick? Of course only for domrsticated animals

5- since im assuming the inevitable and will say that at some point the developers are going to introduce horses, will you make other large animals that arent used for riding as mounts? (Exemples being moose, raindeer etc) and on that note will there be a future addition of animal labour? Like the use of horses to hoe large fields, using animal waste as fertiliser, use animals in mills, carriage (maybe a raindeer sleigh for xmas?) And so on?

6- it would be fun to have a "pest sistem" where birds, insects or rodent kill/eat your crops and by that sistem have a bit of "passive domestication/simbiotic relation with some animals, like cats starting to appear to eat the rodents and them not being aggressive unless provoked

There might be other things worth asking but for now thats all i can think of. If anyone has any opinions or suggrstions or answers to those questions id be grateful to know 

20 hours ago, ArgentLuna said:

Similarly if you leave your bee's unprotected the raccoons will get them. Both Bunnies and lesser with raccoons (because bushmeat) can be used to generate food and other resources because of the desire to get to your crops/ bees.

Not a problem if you put the skep on a fence or wall.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:13 AM, Maelstrom said:

Not a problem if you put the skep on a fence or wall.

Yes, an example of there already being a pest system in the game. But i think the OP was more aiming for say spontaneous mice and then cats in your cellar to deal with the mice over existent animals in the world being drawn to your items

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.