Strange Beehavior

Evelynn Fox

soo, I've been running my apiary for a few in-game months, building up my cattail farm and replacing skeps as needed

I build two scarecrows to act as distractions from the angry bee swarms, and for the most part I've had no issues

well, I CONTINUE to have no issues, only.. the angry bee swarms seem to no longer bee interested in me at all? they come out from the hives at the normal rates, but they simply swarm in place for a bit, not even making the angry "stinging" sound, before wandering away from me. I've even tried standing right beside their destroyed hive, and nothing, they float over my head and fly off into the sunset, not so much as a how-do-ya-do

I guess my question is: has anyone else encountered this, or should it be reported? is it a hidden stat or feature of the bees simply beeing used to my presence and not attacking me? or should I report it as a bug through the appropriate reporting tool?

Sounds like a lucky string of favorable RNG.  Bees may not create an angry swarm.  If an angry swarm is generated it may target something other than you right away.  BTW, bees WILL target any nearby animals, like the ones you've domesticated.  Be careful as bees have killed animals.

23 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Sounds like a lucky string of favorable RNG.  Bees may not create an angry swarm.  If an angry swarm is generated it may target something other than you right away.  BTW, bees WILL target any nearby animals, like the ones you've domesticated.  Be careful as bees have killed animals.

yeahh, they still spawn angry swarms, but they don't seem to be able to target anything

I have scarecrows setup nearby and they don't even go for them, they just wander off and don't attack anything or even play the "zztt" stinging sound

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.