Farmland Drops Soil v1.4.0

copygirl

Hi, have a sugestion. If chance to get soil faill, mybe better give lower tier soil block, than give nothing (low fertility soil when breaking medium fertility block witn no 100% nutrients.) 
Or to use just to rearange fields and no exploit add new type of block who after placing have only 50% of nutrients. Exsample: removing terra peta block give you "used terra peta" item (wip name) , after placed and plowing have actual 50% nutrients but its normal terra peta.

3 hours ago, Laskuna said:

Hi, have a sugestion. If chance to get soil faill, mybe better give lower tier soil block, than give nothing (low fertility soil when breaking medium fertility block witn no 100% nutrients.)

Xandu's Farmland Drops works in a similar way to what you described.

3 hours ago, Laskuna said:

Or to use just to rearange fields and no exploit add new type of block who after placing have only 50% of nutrients. Exsample: removing terra peta block give you "used terra peta" item (wip name) , after placed and plowing have actual 50% nutrients but its normal terra peta.

That has two issues: First, it makes it difficult to allow stacking those blocks in your inventory. The second is that it would require making dirt blocks tile entities, which due to how many exist in a world is not a good thing for performance. The only way I could see this working is if you simply got farmland blocks (with nutrient data) back when you harvest them. Personally I think that deviates from Vanilla a little much.

I like keeping this mod's implementation relatively simple and straight-forward. The main goal for it was to allow getting your rare earth blocks back after you tilled them. The chance to not get it back when the nutrients aren't full was a tweak that was added later on to prevent people from abusing the mechanic to quickly and easily refill nutrients.

• Like 2

• copygirl changed the title to Farmland Drops Soil v1.4.0
  • 3 weeks later...

Copy - I am running VS 1.15 pre12 and had a strange result when wanting to replace a "tilled" low fert soil with a medium fert soil. When I dug up the low fert block, the block appeared the have just become invisible as the water next to the space did not flow into the new void. When I placed the new soil block the 'old' low fert tilled block reappeared. Do you think an update to FarmlandDropsSoil is needed for V1.15?

Thanks for a useful applet.

Edited by PilotDoug
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PilotDoug said:

Copy - I am running VS 1.15 pre12 and had a strange result when wanting to replace a "tilled" low fert soil with a medium fert soil. When I dug up the low fert block, the block appeared the have just become invisible as the water next to the space did not flow into the new void. When I placed the new soil block the 'old' low fert tilled block reappeared. Do you think an update to FarmlandDropsSoil is needed for V1.15?

Thanks for a useful applet.

That sounds like the issue Craluminum2413 found on GitHub. Have you updated to version 1.4.0 already? I tested the mod in 1.15.0-rc.1 and it appears to work for me. If you're already using the latest version of the mod or it still has that issue regardless, can you send me your server-main.txt log file? It means the behavior I add caused an error which the server caught, and likely wrote it to the log, but did not crash due to it.

4 hours ago, copygirl said:

That sounds like the issue Craluminum2413 found on GitHub. Have you updated to version 1.4.0 already? I tested the mod in 1.15.0-rc.1 and it appears to work for me. If you're already using the latest version of the mod or it still has that issue regardless, can you send me your server-main.txt log file? It means the behavior I add caused an error which the server caught, and likely wrote it to the log, but did not crash due to it.

I installed v1.15rc1 today and have not been able to play it more that a minute or two before it crashes on my system. I am waiting for the next rev of VS to be released. Thanks.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.