the numbers to look at, are the numbers shown when looking at the storage vessel.  

.2 veggies

.13 grains

.27 othr

so its working.  in comparison, if the storage vessel was placed outside, the numbers should increase (food spoilage faster)

also, food on the player hotbar would reflect a shorter time, then when placed in the storage vessel. (to further compare)

so looks good

(/debug room hi)  <--- room shows green ok, red there is an issue

Edited by idiomcritter
commas
  • Thanks 1

Hi, as mentioned previously, you don't have to look at how long the food lasts, but the values that the container where you place it are indicated to you.
Those are great values! and they should store the food very well.
However, I ask myself some questions based on the screen.
In the meantime, let's point out that the berries have a shelf life of zero once stored, they really last nothing compared to all other fresh foods and appear harvested, so the blue berries are consistent with their nature, while the red berries... I feel like to think that either they had already been there for quite some time or you kept them around for a long time and then put them away.
You will rarely see berries put into storage lasting more than 10/15 days and this only happens when you pick them and store them immediately.

Furthermore, if you are using mods, it would be better to always mention them when asking for help, as perhaps without your knowledge these affect the durability of the raw materials once stored.

Even once I stored the berries for the first time I was very perplexed, however even in real life they don't last as long once put in the refrigerator, not as long as counterparts like Apples or Pears so to speak.
So don't worry, it's normal :D

If you want to store fruit long term you will want to look into making jam (requires honey) or wine (requires barrels). You can also cook berries into porridge and stew meals, but they won't be the primary ingredient.

Wine doesn't last that long, but if you wait until the last day to squeeze the berries, then wait until the last day of the juice before sealing to make wine the wine won't spoil until about 50 days after picking the berries.  Jam sealed in a crock can last for about 2 years [edit over 4 in a cellar] by comparison.  The problem with jam is it provides a low amount of satiation, but OTOH, is that what jam would be used for anyways?

Edited by Maelstrom

On 4/15/2024 at 11:05 AM, Maelstrom said:

Jam sealed in a crock can last for about 2 years [edit over 4 in a cellar] by comparison.  The problem with jam is it provides a low amount of satiation, but OTOH, is that what jam would be used for anyways?

Honey by itself never spoils, though, which makes jam a downgrade.

If you don't make porridge or wine out of them, you can always just let the berries rot and use them for compost. However, pressing them into juice gets you animal feed, at least.

Edited by Bumber

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.