I have a rope stuck to my wrist (help)

Myszkou

As i was building, a question popped up in my head "can i place ropes?" so i shift right clicked the ground, and well.. a rope appeared, however i was not able to place it anywhere. it's just stuck to me,

i am currently unable to remove it from my character, and it will drag me to the place of my recent death across the map at high speed when i die.

is this a vanilla feature? or do i start uninstalling mods to figure out wtf caused thisScreenshot(4589).thumb.png.8c1bc7fb7d6590b34f83c4434e1d3766.pngScreenshot(4590).thumb.png.6826092827b9d329ed39e2e0270c3fa1.png

11 hours ago, Myszkou said:

i am currently unable to remove it from my character, and it will drag me to the place of my recent death across the map at high speed when i die.

is this a vanilla feature? or do i start uninstalling mods to figure out wtf caused this

I don't think that's a vanilla feature, as if it were that would be a fairly serious bug. So I'm guessing it's probably due to a mod. Before you go uninstalling things, one thing you could try is right-clicking or shift-right clicking a different block that is close to the one you shift-right clicked to begin with. Try it with an empty slot and/or the rope slot highlighted. I'm hoping that will tie off the other end of the rope and free your character, as the "tetherball effect" seems like it's probably an unintended side effect of something allowing ropes to be placed similar to how beams are. Alternately, you could try breaking the block that the other end of the rope is tied to, and see if that removes the rope.

The next option would be as Maelstrom said--starting investigating your mods to figure out if one is the culprit.

17 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Tyron experimented with rope mechanics a few versions ago and what you did may be a legacy of that experimentation.

That's active in creative mode. You can tie ropes to (sufficiently domesticated?) animals, but it doesn't seem to have any sort of effect beyond the visible rope. They don't follow the player, and they definitely don't rubber band (though I didn't try moving an extreme distance away.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bumber said:

That's active in creative mode. You can tie ropes to (sufficiently domesticated?) animals, but it doesn't seem to have any sort of effect beyond the visible rope. They don't follow the player, and they definitely don't rubber band (though I didn't try moving an extreme distance away.)

it acts like a rubber when you're in survival mode(when the rope gets stuck to a block.) fixed my issue though,

maybe im stupid but ig i didnt try just re-joining the world yesterday, it solved the problem.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.