Tree species falling

Does anyone think like me?  Tree species fall very little, some tree even won't fall any species even i broken all leaves like ebony and redwood. When I work hard to bring the tree species home, I cannot sustainably obtain these woods. I hope that chopping a tree with an axe can at least drop a seed, or the probability of dropping seeds by damaging leaves can be higher. 😭

Bad mechanical translation, i shouldn't be lazy. 

Is that a mood? I appreciate your suggestion, but i really don't want to setup mod........😗

I still hope production team can make this little change in game to help player have better gaming experience. 😀

Currently, it is in fact a mod, yes. I also hope that the drop rate of seeds, especially for ebony and purpleheart, will one day be increased to something reasonable. Currently it's not very possible (without mods) to propagate them for wood farming.

If I understand correctly, you seem to be just chopping trees down with an axe or otherwise breaking leaves with your hands in the hopes of getting a seed. Both of these methods, as I understand it, greatly lower the number of sticks that you'll get and the chance that a seed will drop. I would try using shears on the leaves instead. 😀 Not only will it clear the leaves much faster and in a larger area, it'll increase the number of sticks that drop and increase the likelihood that a seed will drop as well. When I'm chopping trees with my axe I usually get very few seeds, but when I'm using shears on the leaves first I typically get enough seeds to properly replant the forest and then some.

From what I understand, the limit on ebony and purpleheart is intentional. You are supposed to explore to get those, not grow them safely at home.

Others like acacia and redwood are close, but if you do as @LadyWYT suggests and trim the leaves first, you should be able to make a stable woodlot.

• Like 1

hummm, I just use shears to broken leaves...... 😂 The probability of some leaves falling seeds just, very low. Based on my experience, redwood provide less seeds. The most leaves but the least seeds. Sometime you even can't get one seed even broken all leaves on one tree. Ebony also provide few seeds, for example, 20 tree maybe only provide 18 seeds. Except for these two, birch, Purpleheart and walnut need broken all leaves to ensure 1-3 seeds. I really think this is an inappropriate probability of seed drop.😗

Yes, when I thought I'd grow some specialty trees, I remember having to ladder my way up and trim every leaf block, and sometimes that wasn't enough to get a single seed. But on average, you got slightly more than one seed so long as you never took the easy route and let some of the leaf blocks decay. The leafy blocks have a lower drop rate, but the quantity are the reason they make it on average. Yes, that means you have to start on the outside of the leaves and work your way in. I find oaks are also a little lean on acorns. I'm always throwing away birch seeds, but that's probably because thinning the brush for sticks and visibility means a lot of seeds.

But purpleheart and ebony were a design choice. You are supposed to have to explore the forests if you want to do anything significant with them. I suspect that's also why those woods make better crates. You have to choose between decor and utility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

But purpleheart and ebony were a design choice. You are supposed to have to explore the forests if you want to do anything significant with them. I suspect that's also why those woods make better crates. You have to choose between decor and utility.

That's fair. Practically everything in this game has been very thought out, and the gradual increase in both effort and reward can be intoxicating. I hadn't considered that using ebony and purpleheart, and only ebony and purpleheart, as material for crates has a noticeable impact in game.

I've wondered if the extremely low seed drop chance were a bug, but you're right. That must be intentional.

18 hours ago, StCatharines said:

Currently, it is in fact a mod, yes. I also hope that the drop rate of seeds, especially for ebony and purpleheart, will one day be increased to something reasonable. Currently it's not very possible (without mods) to propagate them for wood farming.

Don't count on it.  There was a LOT of comment on this when the devs nerfed rates for certain trees - redwood and ebony chief among them.  Without modding, the best way to have even the slightest chance of a sustainable tree farm at home is to gather as many seeds from the forest you find the tree in and plant them far enough apart so that you can manually trim every single leaf block (as @Thorfinn noted).

6 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

是的,当我想种一些特殊的树时,我记得我必须爬上梯子,修剪每一块树叶,有时这还不足以得到一粒种子。但平均而言,只要你不走捷径,不让一些树叶腐烂,你就能得到一粒以上的种子。树叶块的掉落率较低,但数量是它们平均掉落的原因。是的,这意味着你必须从树叶的外面开始,然后慢慢往里走。我发现橡树也有点缺乏橡子。我总是扔掉桦树的种子,但这可能是因为为了树枝和可见度而修剪灌木丛意味着要有很多种子。

但紫心木和乌木是一种设计选择。如果你想用它们做任何重要的事情,你就必须探索森林。我怀疑这也是为什么这些木材更适合做板条箱的原因。你必须在装饰和实用性之间做出选择。

If it weren't for your reminder, I might not have known they were better..... I use ebony to build house is not beacause it is better, i use it beacause it is expensive wood on really life and the color of it is my favourite. In reality, I may not be able to afford the furniture they make, but in games, I can use them to lay the floor. 😚

If you try to have better utility, purpleheart is best choice, one tree can obtain a lot of wood, and if all the leaves are destroyed, seeds can also be sustainably obtained. In fact you don't need to explore the forest before you get seed of it. You can build wood farm by purple heart. 😀

In my opinion, this game is better than mod in Mincraft is because it provide more gaming experience. As we can see, it's easy to get unlimited water and the light source that will not go out. In mc, it will be Ultimate goal. I think developers have sacrificed some authenticity for the fun of the game.

From the beginning, I saw that these probabilities are special designs because they have a gradient variation. But i think this it worse decide. Like purpleheart , ebony, kapok and bamboo can only be find in some tropical regions. In a typical opening situation, you need to walk at least over 10000 blocks to get there. This is an almost tormenting experience. When it is difficult for you to find them, you still cannot continue to obtain ebony wood. It really make me sad. 😢

Redwood is the best source of wood. I can get a lot of wood at once. At the beginning, I planned to plant redwood as a consumable, but its astonishing low drop rate of seeds prevented me from doing so. 

If we need to put in more work for better things, long growth cycle and higher demand for axe quality is enough. at least i think. I really hope develpoer can increase probability of seed drop by redwood and ebony.😗

7 minutes ago, shenmiren_wh said:

From the beginning, I saw that these probabilities are special designs because they have a gradient variation. But i think this it worse decide. Like purpleheart , ebony, kapok and bamboo can only be find in some tropical regions. In a typical opening situation, you need to walk at least over 10000 blocks to get there. This is an almost tormenting experience. When it is difficult for you to find them, you still cannot continue to obtain ebony wood. It really make me sad. 😢

The devs intent for making various things (like trees) available in limited sites (like tropical locales) is to encourage exploration.  Yes that exploration may take tens of thousands of blocks, but all you need do is pack some provisions and head out.  Translocators can help with lengthy travels.  I once had a world where a translocator 3,000 blocks to the south carried me an additional 12,000 blocks further south, where I found acacia, ebony and purpleheart wood as well as the various warm weather plants.  I even set up a winter farm and grew flax year round.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

The devs intent for making various things (like trees) available in limited sites (like tropical locales) is to encourage exploration.  Yes that exploration may take tens of thousands of blocks, but all you need do is pack some provisions and head out.  Translocators can help with lengthy travels.  I once had a world where a translocator 3,000 blocks to the south carried me an additional 12,000 blocks further south, where I found acacia, ebony and purpleheart wood as well as the various warm weather plants.  I even set up a winter farm and grew flax year round.

Actually, I quite enjoy exploring. I have explored 10000 blocks three times already. The first time was for enjoyment, the second time still quite interesting, but the third time was pure torture. 😢

About flax, i try other way to slove this problem. I chose to start in the subtropical zone (my real hometown is also there), and planted about 300 flax fields at the same time. In fact, I have never lacked flax. 😃

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.