Spawn point needed!

Meohmy

I answered in the other thread, but I'll post the same answer here in case others who read this need it:

To change your spawn point in Vintage Story, you will need to acquire a temporal gear. These are rare items that can drop from drifters(the more powerful the drifter, the more chance one has of dropping) or from panning, be found in ruins, or be purchased from certain traders(I believe it's the treasure hunters that can sell them). By default, a spawn point that is set via temporal gear will only last through 20 respawns, so if you've died several times since last setting your spawn you'll want to refresh it with a new gear. Or you can change that particular value in the world configuration options.

The other option is finding a mod that changes the respawn mechanic to tie your spawn point to whichever bed you last slept in(or whichever changes the mod makes), rather than using a temporal gear.

• Like 1

There already is a respawn system in the game.
You need to use a Temporal Gear, which can be obtained by killing and harvesting drifters (undead enemies), finding them in ruins, or by trading for one with a Treasure Hunter trader.
Your best bet is probably the trader, considering the easier drifters are less likely to drop Temporal Gears than the harder ones, and finding them in ruins is quite rare.

If you really need one, you could pillar up in a temporal storm, whack some drifters with spears, then hope to get a Temporal Gear from that, thought it has the potential to be dangerous.

When used to set spawn, it will last for 20 respawns by default, though that can be changed in world creation settings.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.