xhodan

Hey guys, here are some common suggestions I've seen in the suggestions channel of the official VS discord channel. Most of these suggestions are focused on quality of life stuff and decorative things to spruce up your Vintage Story experience!

I've added sections, and will add to these as seen fit as well as combine them in the future if need be.

Recommended by Ashantin, Xhodan, LordJameh

Cooking

• Bush meat (supplemental meat) for 3, 4th recipe slot
  • eatable cactus flesh

Pot's and Farming

• Plantable ferns and bamboo (flowerpots).
  • Trellis for berries, grapes, pees, pepper, etc
  • Plantable/Harvestable Saguaro cacti

Armour and Clothing

• Armor and clothing stands. Or some other means of displaying armor. Not like how Minecraft does it, would prefer actual model stands.

Nature & More

• More tree types and wood types. I:e, weeping willows with greenish wood, Ebony for darker wood.
  • Climbable vines
  • Water lilies bloom and produce flowers
  • Plan-table green bamboo
  • Harvest-able/plant-able Papyrus
  • Rainbows

Housing & Miscellaneous

• More uses for shelves (currently under works).
  • Wall cases for jewelry
  • Chests and doors with different color variations.
  • Lead Glass: Lead glass, commonly called crystal, is a variety of glass in which lead replaces the calcium content of a typical potash glass.[1] Lead glass contains typically 18–40% (by weight) lead(II) oxide (PbO), while modern lead crystal, historically also known as flint glass due to the original silica source, contains a minimum of 24% PbO.[2] Lead glass is desirable[3] owing to its decorative properties. - Wikipedia
  • Mats and rugs
  • Candelabras and candlesticks
  • Actual shutters for windows
  • Curtains
  • Functional chimney blocks so we can have fireplaces that produce smoke outside the house
  • Japanese Stone Lanterns

That's it for now. If you would like to see any of these or more please let me know, hopefully these things can get implemented!

EDITED: 12/31/19

Edited by xhodan
  • Like 3
  • Amazing! 1

For me a big one would be replantable/farmable saguaro cacti for living in desert biomes. Could also use some more "desert living" type things, such as cutting cacti with a knife for strips of edible flesh (vegetable).

Also why can't bushmeat be used in proper cooking? It drives me insane!

4 hours ago, Edrein said:

Also why can't bushmeat be used in proper cooking? It drives me insane!

Bushmeat is essentially for 'non-farmable' animals.  Those that can't be domesticated, and especially aggressive ones.   It gives more purpose to domesticated animals.   Wolves for instance used to give regular meat.  Well, there was no point in farming 'domesticate-able' animals because wolves were just mobile meat lockers that you didn't need to feed or take care of.   Over time things have changed a bit in that wolves are harder to kill, and also (at least it seems to me) don't spawn as often or in as many places.  But, you also can now suit up in armor that makes you all but immune to them.  Some steps forward, some back.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:09 AM, redram said:

Bushmeat is essentially for 'non-farmable' animals.  Those that can't be domesticated, and especially aggressive ones.   It gives more purpose to domesticated animals.   Wolves for instance used to give regular meat.  Well, there was no point in farming 'domesticate-able' animals because wolves were just mobile meat lockers that you didn't need to feed or take care of.   Over time things have changed a bit in that wolves are harder to kill, and also (at least it seems to me) don't spawn as often or in as many places.  But, you also can now suit up in armor that makes you all but immune to them.  Some steps forward, some back.

If that's the logic, then why not allow it to be used as a secondary meat source in meat stew. IE: Slots 3 and 4.

Just seems a bit odd to include a separate additional meat type that you can't use in cooking.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.