Name for a fantasy city?

UmbraCreations

Hi everybody!

Chris again, but this time I just made this post in order to find a name for my newest project in Vintage Story.

Here's a picture of the wall i built. Doesn't seem too epic hm?

NewCityProject1VS.png

Ye it looks pretty small. Actually the highest point of the tower on the right is exactly 256 blocks away from the lowest block of the structure. So this thing is MC maximum build-height. But it's gonna be much bigger than that. As this is just a small part of the outer city wall. I plan to build a huge city with an arean, temple, a few castles and palaces and of course more than 150 normal houses.

I'm looking for a great name. I might be creative building stuff but my imagination is not the best so i thought it wouldn't hurt asking for suggestions on that matter.

So if you have a fitting name to a huge medieval-fantasy city, then post it here as comment.

You will be updated here or in another thread in the "build" area on the current status of the project.

Thank you for reading and suggesting!

Greetings from Germany

Chris

A small part of the city wall? :o Omg, this is so exciting!!!!! :x:x 

The care for detail You put into every building is so amazing, I cant wait to see this city grow... Epic!!! 

I will certainly think of names and post them if I come up with something useful :D 

Very Grand! I think the walls need a bit work to break up the repetitive pattern. (i.e. large towers in the corners or a gate segment)

Thinking of the kinds of scales you build in, this build is i guess merely an Outpost or Summer House :D
Also it looks somewhat Oriental, maybe medieval India / mughal empire?. Perhaps we'll attach it to a famous word/culture?

=>

• Shah Jahans Sommer Residence
  • Mughal Outpost
  • The Old Mosque of Dehli
  • The Emporers Retreat
  • The Lost Temple of Mumtaz Mahal

;-)

Thank you both!

"...the walls need a bit work to break up the repetitive pattern." -  Yes indeed. When you finished the mirror and "stack" or repeat command, I already built one of the segments so i just wanted to try out the new commands on that. Thats why they are so repetitive. Then i thought: Why not build a castle or tower right behind that wall? And seeing it as it is, it was perfect to fit into an outer city wall. So i decided now to build a city.

But of course its just a small part of the wall and i will build so many towers and of course a gate as entrance. I don't even wanna think about it yet. Right now that wall is merely 400 blocks in length and the whole thin will most likely be about 1200 blocks in length or something. Of course it will not be just a straight wall then. Also i will try to put a few hills in the city, so it wouldn't look like a flat toy city, but a real fantasy city. 

Yes now that you say it, it really has an oriental touch to it, but i never meant to. So i'll just continue with some light stone kind of style for the houses inside the city, as that would make a great contrast to the castles, towers and walls surrounding it.

"Lost gates of Umbra" very sweet indeed, but i think i'll name something inside the city after me instead of the whole thing haha.

Archived