droped inventory gone

Kaelty

After running back to my "point of death" everything i had on me was gone. I died on a waypoint marker so i got the right location and i only took less than 2 minutes to get there so despawning over time is a no as well.

For recreation of the process:

I was running around with low health and a bighorn sheep suddenly headbutted me (which does quite a lot of damg actually) killing me. i ran back from the nearby spawnpoint and found the point of my death right away but my droped inventory was gone i had on me... [4 linenbags, 1 copper pickaxe, 1flint shovel, around 22 granit stones, 10 salpeter, 18 pieces of black coal aaand a few blocks medium fertile dirt]... at least i think thats all i had on me.

while my inventory was quite empty, the linenbags hurt a bit since i made them without a farm and it took quite a bit of exploring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaelty said:

a bighorn sheep suddenly headbutted me

This has happened to me a few times to, once after it chased me a half day's sprint, then again when I grabbed my stuff before I could get pillared up to fight it. And I've also been attacked several times more but got away. I know it's cause they took fall damage. What I'm not sure at this point is if that's a bug or something that will be staying in the game.

5 hours ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

I know it's cause they took fall damage.

i doubt that was the case with me since the area was almost completly flat with loads of water around it 😅 unless it started flying and noticed that it can't halfway through there should have been no way for it to gain falldamg. No caves to fall into as well. No small animals or anything else that would make it aggressiv as well. sometimes when i stand near a male bighorn it starts attacking me even without getting fall damg or such.

4 hours ago, Kaelty said:

sometimes when i stand near a male bighorn it starts attacking me even without getting fall damg or such.

Yes, male bighorns will attack you just for being too close to them.  This is intended.    Mobs aggroing after taking fall damage, as far as I know, is not intended and will eventually be fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.