XLib and XSkills

Xandu

On 2/26/2023 at 4:20 PM, Xandu said:

Hi.

Do you get experience when you use molds to create items like pickaxe heads? Do you have any othe mods that change how anvils work? Is this always the case or just sometimes?

I have tried to narrow it down and my suspicion as of now is that it could be a problem with the QP's Chisel Tools. But im not yet 100% sure about that.

2 hours ago, Tarquinius753 said:

I have tried to narrow it down and my suspicion as of now is that it could be a problem with the QP's Chisel Tools. But im not yet 100% sure about that.

Tried it today again and the skills work again and QP's Chisel Tools mod is still installed.  i dont have any idea what caused it. im not sure anymore if molds still gave xp.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:26 PM, Credinus said:

Just to follow-up, Aedis' issue is the same one a player trying to connect to my server was having, and we have not been able to resolve it either. Deleting the player data did not work, and removing the XSkills/Xlib mods from the server temporarily to test caused him to lock up and not be able to connect, but also not get a crash to generate a crash report. All other players are having no issues.

That being said, I did come across another curious bug that I thought I'd bring up. With the expanded foods mod, there are some combinations of food that seem to have a rounding issue that make the number of portions XSkills sees 0; an example of cooking a single unit of egg white and a single unit of egg yolk in the cooking pot, which generates 0.5L of scrambled egg but the cooking pot and, by extension, Xskills, seems to round it down to zero. As a result, when the cooking completes, XSkills attempts to apply something from the cooking skill tree (not sure if it's XP, or something from one of the skills like shelf life or something like that) which causes a divide by zero infinite loop. This caused the server to lock up and be unusable (since even when restarting, it would immediately try and complete the division again), the fix was to temporarily remove the xskills mod and connect to let the cooking process finish out, and then add the mod back in. Definitely more of an issue with the Expanded Foods mod being able to cook less than 1 full unit, but I thought I'd post about it here in case anyone runs into the same issue and isn't sure how to fix it.

I still don't understand what is causing the first issue but I managed to fix the second one. The base game has issues with recipes that only consists out of liquids. So without xskills the recipe wouldn't work at all. This is why removing xskills fixed the issue. The game basically tried to create a meal with 0 servings what caused the crash.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:46 AM, Tyrell333 said:

Hello, I wanted to say love this mod, it adds a really nice progression feel alongside the game.

I'm having a small problem on my server, currently I'm trying to tune down the expBase and expMult. Everytime I restart the server, the mod recreates the .json files in the ModConfig. I'm using BisectHosting and the json files are located a bit farther "/home/container/data/ModConfig/data/ModConfig/XLeveling/combat.json" and wether I edit the file or not it still makes a fresh default one.

Thank you in advance if you're able to help :)

I made some changes to how the mod handels the paths. Could you try whether it worked with the new versions and send me the log files if this does not work either.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:44 PM, Tarquinius753 said:

Tried it today again and the skills work again and QP's Chisel Tools mod is still installed.  i dont have any idea what caused it. im not sure anymore if molds still gave xp.

This is weird. I heard a few times that sometimes the smithing stuff breaks but I don't know why this happens. Everytime when I try to track down the bug it just works without any issue. My guess is that something went wrong with the harmony patching but I can not say what it could be.

I also uploaded a pre release for a new version with some new abilities that were suggested or inspired by the community:

-added spanish translation by Voragine
-added ukrainian translation by Sp0wN
-strongspiritportion, strongwine, potentspiritportion, potentwine from expandedfoods can now give unlearn points

-added steeplechaser ability to the survival skill
-added healer ability to the survival skill
-added vein miner ability to the mining skill
-added tunnel digger ability to the mining skill
-added grafter ability to the forestry skill
-added orchardist ability to the farming skill

-fixed an issue with metalbits that can occur when other mods add new metals 
-fixed an issue with the smelter ability when filling molds that don't need a multiple of 100 liquid metal
-it is no longer possible to cook meals with an output quantity of 0 which would cause infinite server crashes
-slightly changed how the mod handels paths, hopefully that fixes some issues with linux servers
    -added some debug information to file loading and saving for debugging

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Xandu said:

I still don't understand what is causing the first issue but I managed to fix the second one. The base game has issues with recipes that only consists out of liquids. So without xskills the recipe wouldn't work at all. This is why removing xskills fixed the issue. The game basically tried to create a meal with 0 servings what caused the crash.

Good to hear! On the first issue, for what it's worth, that player stopped getting the error after we updated to 1.17.11, but is getting a different error that I haven't gotten a crash log yet to determine what might be causing it, so I haven't posted any updates here. But it does at least seem that the vanilla changes in 1.17.11 may have resolved the harmony patching issue at least.

• Thanks 1

Im not sure what's going on on my end, but both XLib and XSkills do not function at all for me. Theyre enabled in the mod manager in game, but once I load into a world it does nothing. Pressing O does nothing, and the game says the commands listed in the OP also dont exist.

I also noticed that after installation, it also doesnt create a ModConfig file for anything, either.

Edited by Patrick Morgan

17 minutes ago, Patrick Morgan said:

Im not sure what's going on on my end, but both XLib and XSkills do not function at all for me. Theyre enabled in the mod manager in game, but once I load into a world it does nothing. Pressing O does nothing, and the game says the commands listed in the OP also dont exist.

I also noticed that after installation, it also doesnt create a ModConfig file for anything, either.

This seems like the game isn't loading the mods at all. Make sure you have versions that work together. You can also look at the log files to see whether there are any error messages.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, Patrick Morgan said:

I am having the same issue when trying to update the version on my server. I haven't had an opportunity to try and investigate the issue, so I've stuck with the old version for now, but one thing to note about going back to the old version... If you load into the game without XSkills active and you currently have items stored in the bonus inventory slots from the Survival tree ability, you'll lose those items when reverting back.

It's probably something really simple on my end, like forgetting to delete one of the old files somewhere or something like that. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to tinker with it and will follow-up if I find a fix.

12 hours ago, Credinus said:

I am having the same issue when trying to update the version on my server. I haven't had an opportunity to try and investigate the issue, so I've stuck with the old version for now, but one thing to note about going back to the old version... If you load into the game without XSkills active and you currently have items stored in the bonus inventory slots from the Survival tree ability, you'll lose those items when reverting back.

It's probably something really simple on my end, like forgetting to delete one of the old files somewhere or something like that. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to tinker with it and will follow-up if I find a fix.

Have you guys also updated xlib or just xskills? Sometimes you have to update both mods. 

12 hours ago, Credinus said:

If you load into the game without XSkills active and you currently have items stored in the bonus inventory slots from the Survival tree ability, you'll lose those items when reverting back.

I know. This is caused by the way the vanilla game treats player inventories. There isn't anything I can do about this.

Edited by Xandu

1 hour ago, Daovala said:

Vein Miner seems to work with prospector pickaxe and crashed the game when the tool broke while vein mining (I was out of inventory and trying to break it, wasn't expecting a CTD)

Do you have a crash report?

18 hours ago, Xandu said:

Have you guys also updated xlib or just xskills? Sometimes you have to update both mods.

I updated both on my server, but noticed it wasn't generating a mod config and didn't work upon connecting. I plan to give it another go when I've got more time during the week though and will report back in if I can't find the issue or if it works.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:38 AM, Credinus said:

I updated both on my server, but noticed it wasn't generating a mod config and didn't work upon connecting. I plan to give it another go when I've got more time during the week though and will report back in if I can't find the issue or if it works.

Can you send me a log file to see whether it mentions the mod somewhere?

On 3/12/2023 at 8:46 AM, Daovala said:

https://pastebin.com/XXAvivxR
I believe this is the one

Propicks should no longer work with the vein miner skill. I hope that this fixes the issue. The crash itself seems to happen in another mod. But I couldn't really find out why.

I have uploaded a version that should work with the 1.18  version of the base game.

-updated to base game version 1.18
-rewrote commands system
-rewroked crop drop abilities to work better with other mods

-prospecting picks no longer trigger vein miner
-reworked the bonebreaker ability because carcasses now drop bones in the base game
-updated ukrainian translation
-updated japanese translation

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, Xandu said:

Can you send me a log file to see whether it mentions the mod somewhere?

Tried again today and saw that it wasn't generating the config files or loading the mod in, so I dug around in the log files and noticed this blurb in the server-event log. I'm using the 0.7.0-pre.1 versions of both XSkills and XLib, and double-checked to make sure I removed the XLeveling folders that were previously existing from the mod config and saves folders just in case they might have been causing the conflict. The issue appears to be that either for some reason, my server is seeing some of the vanilla files as 1.17.9 versions (which shouldn't be the case, the only package I have even downloaded on this server instance is 1.17.11) or it is sthinking that XSkills/XLib are dependent on 1.17.9 versions. It's not entirely clear from the message there.

18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Event] Launching server...
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Event] Server v1.17.9, network v1.17.8, api v1.7.0
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Event] Loading configuration...
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Event] Building assets...
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xlib] Could not resolve some dependencies:
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xlib]     game@1.17.11 - Version mismatch (has 1.17.9)
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xskills] Could not resolve some dependencies:
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xskills]     game@1.17.11 - Version mismatch (has 1.17.9)
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xskills]     survival@1.17.11 - Version mismatch (has 1.17.9)
18.3.2023 17:13:03 [Error] [xskills]     xlib@0.7.0-pre.1 - Dependency 'xlib_v0.7.0-pre.1.zip' (xlib) has dependency errors itself
18.3.2023 17:13:04 [Event] started 'CarryOn' mod
18.3.2023 17:13:04 [Event] started 'CarryOnMore' mod
18.3.2023 17:13:04 [Event] started 'Vanilla Variants' mod
18.3.2023 17:13:05 [Event] started 'Wood Chests' mod

1 hour ago, Credinus said:

Tried again today and saw that it wasn't generating the config files or loading the mod in, so I dug around in the log files and noticed this blurb in the server-event log. I'm using the 0.7.0-pre.1 versions of both XSkills and XLib, and double-checked to make sure I removed the XLeveling folders that were previously existing from the mod config and saves folders just in case they might have been causing the conflict. The issue appears to be that either for some reason, my server is seeing some of the vanilla files as 1.17.9 versions (which shouldn't be the case, the only package I have even downloaded on this server instance is 1.17.11) or it is sthinking that XSkills/XLib are dependent on 1.17.9 versions. It's not entirely clear from the message there.

The error means that the base game version is older than the version the mod was compiled for (It says that the server runs on version 1.17.9 ). You should update the game server. If this is not possible you can try to change the required version in the modinfo file of the mod to the version of the server. But this may cause issues.

Not a bug but..

could you be able, to give EXP bonuses, to the classes, in Moreclasses mod? i know vanilla classes, like commener get a 10% exp boost, to everything, but all the classes from moreclasses mod, end up getting a 0% to everything as a blacksmith for example. i'm guessing? that all that exp stuff, is inside the Dll file, as i dug around all the other json files and couldn't figure anything out. we (server) are 1.17.11. 

4 hours ago, Karagryphon said:

Not a bug but..

could you be able, to give EXP bonuses, to the classes, in Moreclasses mod? i know vanilla classes, like commener get a 10% exp boost, to everything, but all the classes from moreclasses mod, end up getting a 0% to everything as a blacksmith for example. i'm guessing? that all that exp stuff, is inside the Dll file, as i dug around all the other json files and couldn't figure anything out. we (server) are 1.17.11. 

You can change these class experience multipliers in the configuration files for each skill. You can also add new ones there.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:05 PM, Xandu said:

The error means that the base game version is older than the version the mod was compiled for (It says that the server runs on version 1.17.9 ). You should update the game server. If this is not possible you can try to change the required version in the modinfo file of the mod to the version of the server. But this may cause issues.

Yep, all good now. I have no earthly idea how I had 1.17.9 version running on the server all this time, but a fresh unpacking of the 1.17.11 file I updated everything properly and it's good to go now.

• Amazing! 1

When digging charcoal with a shovel on the server crash client. 

Critical error occurred in the following mod: xskills@0.7.0-pre.3
Loaded Mods: commonlib@1.0.3, playercorpse@1.6.0-rc.1, primitivesurvival@3.1.5, game@1.18.0-pre.7, carryon@0.11.0-pre.1, sailboat@1.0.0-pre.1, usefulstuff17@1.1.3, creative@1.18.0-pre.7, survival@1.18.0-pre.7, xlib@0.7.0-pre.2, xskills@0.7.0-pre.3
Involved Harmony IDs: XSkillsPatch
System.NullReferenceException: An object reference does not point to an instance of an object.
   в XSkills.CollectiblePatch.Postfix(CollectibleObject __instance, Block __state, IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot)
   в Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith_Patch2(CollectibleObject this, IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 1647
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:строка 789
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:строка 596
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:строка 86
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:строка 191
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 776
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 968
   в Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:строка 241
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 715
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 618
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:строка 119
   в System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 476
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 452
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 375
   в Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   в Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:строка 93

Edited by Slava Shedik

Can i make two suggestions for xskills?

- move some abilities (like scout, on the road, steeplechaser and similar) from survival/survival branch to new survival/athletics branch. May be, bind xp for this branch to running/jumping activity, if it possible.

- Since firepits now have "owner" - play audible alarm (ding?) and send chat message to owner, (if he is online), when cooking (for pot only?) is finished. May be, even, as separated skill from cooking branch.

2 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Can i make two suggestions for xskills?

- move some abilities (like scout, on the road, steeplechaser and similar) from survival/survival branch to new survival/athletics branch. May be, bind xp for this branch to running/jumping activity, if it possible.

- Since firepits now have "owner" - play audible alarm (ding?) and send chat message to owner, (if he is online), when cooking (for pot only?) is finished. May be, even, as separated skill from cooking branch.

I already thought about the first one. But I have decided to not do this. There are just too few movement abilities for a separate skill branch. And it would take away some of the choices you have to make.

That's an interesting idea. But if you cook a lot of stuff at once, it might lead to a bit of spam.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.