Windmill facing

Chris H.

I want to build a second windmill to power my helvehammer. Problem is, the windmill rotor is always facing north, no matter what I do. My first windmill is facing west and I want the second windmill to face the same direction. What am I doing wrong? I´ve tried it from all sides, always with the same result. 🙄

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 7:09 AM, redram said:

It's just aesthetics.  Wind is direction-less in VS (well, aside from the fact that particles and plants do go in a specific direction)

they do so that means the wind goes in one direction? 

So realistically what direction should the windmill be facing? It should be facing the wind or not? 

Edited by baba

1 hour ago, baba said:

they do so that means the wind goes in one direction?

For the purposes of windmills, direction does not matter.  You can face it any direction.  You can have four windmills facing four different directions, and they will all act the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redram said:

For the purposes of windmills, direction does not matter.  You can face it any direction.  You can have four windmills facing four different directions, and they will all act the same.

I get that but what I wanna know is how a real windmill would be facing in regards to the wind direction. 

Its weird but it bothers me if its not in the right direction. I dunno much about windmills but I faced mined in the direction of the wind.

I like realism so I would prefer it worked realistically in the future versions. Like you get a lower speed if its not in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, baba said:

I like realism so I would prefer it worked realistically in the future versions. Like you get a lower speed if its not in the right direction. 

More realistic would imply introduction of a 'cylindrical multi-block windmill head on bearings' that the player could turn in the horizontal plane in order for the wings to face the wind wherever that comes from, by manual (or beast of burden) force. Ye, if the wind direction would become variable. Ideally ... realistically ... if ... but it's a game.

12 hours ago, AlteOgre said:

More realistic would imply introduction of a 'cylindrical multi-block windmill head on bearings' that the player could turn in the horizontal plane in order for the wings to face the wind wherever that comes from, by manual (or beast of burden) force. Ye, if the wind direction would become variable. Ideally ... realistically ... if ... but it's a game.

That would be cool if they added changing wind direction.

The wind is so powerful right now it can somehow even affect the fireplace in my house.

Edited by baba

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.