Bees, how do they work?

Satras

So I found bees (not a beehive, it is a tree where I hear and see bees, but no visible beehive) and I'm trying to  move them to a skep.
Questions:
1. Do they have to build a hive before they move to the skep? I found a similar tree before (hear and see bees, but no beehive) and I tried to find the beehive in the tree, so I carefully removed the leaves and I'm pretty sure I never selected a beehive, but suddenly after breaking some leaves, the leaves dropped honeycomb and I got stung.
2. Do I have to be present (as in the bee chunk is loaded) for the bees to move to the skep? Or does the game compute a time when the bees would have moved and when I return (the bee chunk gets loaded again) the bees will have moved?

(and yes, I placed the skep close to the tree and planted a bunch of flowers)

Is the sound of bee's an ambient sound or a direct game sound?  Trying to determine which one I need to have at full to search for bees.

*edit*

So yes, bees are ambient sound.  you don't have to have the main volume up.  It's tougher to hear during rainfall (you'll hear it only 5-6 blocks away).  Had to use the /wgen pos climate command to make sure I was in the correct conditions for a spawn.

Edited by Rufferto

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.