Medieval expansion

Rhonen

Love your mod and so does our server.  The additions of the larger gates and the waterwheel and even the aurochs is a nice touch, however having read through the posts here about the mod I followed a suggestion you made a while back to change how much damage the waterwheel takes to avoid it constantly needing repair and while it seems like a simple fix it isn't having any effect on the durability % loss of the waterwheel, leading to it still eventually breaking.  I know it seems like an annoying request but could you possibly tell me how the damage for the waterwheel's durability is computed because adjusting the damage per tick to 0 on the waterwheel base doesn't seem to affect the durability loss on the waterwheel itself.  I'm not asking for changes from your end, just some understanding how the damage is computed and possibly how to disable the durability loss on the waterwheel given that setting the damage per tick to 0 doesn't seem to stop it from taking damage somehow.

How high of a durability can be set for the item?  I was wondering if lowering the damage per tick down to 0.1 and increasing the durability to something ridiculous to like 1000000 might slow the process down at least reducing the constant replacement of the waterwheel?  I would appreciate any consideration you would make for us in this.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.19.0-pre.9

Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.BlockBehaviorOmniRotatable.GetRotatedBlockCode(Int32 angle, EnumHandling& handling) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockBehavior\BehaviorOmniRotatable.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetRotatedBlockCode(Int32 angle) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:line 1936
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityMicroBlock.OnTransformed(IWorldAccessor worldAccessor, ITreeAttribute tree, Int32 byDegrees, Nullable`1 flipAroundAxis) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Microblock\BEMicroBlock.cs:line 488
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSchematic.TransformWhilePacked(IWorldAccessor worldForResolve, EnumOrigin aroundOrigin, Int32 angle, Nullable`1 flipAxis) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\BlockSchematic.cs:line 922
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructureBase.LoadSchematic[T](ICoreAPI api, IAsset asset, BlockLayerConfig config, Int32 offsety) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\WorldGen\Standard\ChunkGen\6.GenStructures\WorldGenStructureBase.cs:line 104
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructureBase.LoadSchematicsWithRotations[T](ICoreAPI api, AssetLocation[] locs, BlockLayerConfig config, Dictionary`2 schematicYOffsets, Nullable`1 defaultOffsetY, String pathPrefix) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\WorldGen\Standard\ChunkGen\6.GenStructures\WorldGenStructureBase.cs:line 61
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructure.Init(ICoreServerAPI api, BlockLayerConfig config, RockStrataConfig rockstrata, WorldGenStructuresConfigBase structureConfig, LCGRandom rand) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\WorldGen\Standard\ChunkGen\6.GenStructures\WorldGenStructure.cs:line 131
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructuresConfig.Init(ICoreServerAPI api) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\WorldGen\Standard\ChunkGen\6.GenStructures\WorldGenStructuresConfig.cs:line 53
   at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WgenCommands.InitWorldGen() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\WorldGen\Standard\WgenCommands.cs:line 98
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.LoadWorldgenHandlerAndSpawnChunks() in VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\LoadThread\SupplyChunks.cs:line 1333
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemLoadAndSaveGame.OnBeginWorldReady() in VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\LoadThread\LoadSaveGame.cs:line 183
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.EnterRunPhase(EnumServerRunPhase runPhase) in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 620
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Launch() in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 547
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerProgram.Main() in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerProgram.cs:line 123
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93
Crash written to file at "Data\Logs\server-crash.txt"

• 3 weeks later...

Can we get an airtight version of the large gates? I am trying to make a dwarven city that is all classified as indoors by placing these gates every 14 blocks but no matter what, it does not seem to count as airtight

On 11/26/2023 at 6:57 AM, Dekkan said:

Love your mod and so does our server.  The additions of the larger gates and the waterwheel and even the aurochs is a nice touch, however having read through the posts here about the mod I followed a suggestion you made a while back to change how much damage the waterwheel takes to avoid it constantly needing repair and while it seems like a simple fix it isn't having any effect on the durability % loss of the waterwheel, leading to it still eventually breaking.  I know it seems like an annoying request but could you possibly tell me how the damage for the waterwheel's durability is computed because adjusting the damage per tick to 0 on the waterwheel base doesn't seem to affect the durability loss on the waterwheel itself.  I'm not asking for changes from your end, just some understanding how the damage is computed and possibly how to disable the durability loss on the waterwheel given that setting the damage per tick to 0 doesn't seem to stop it from taking damage somehow.

How high of a durability can be set for the item?  I was wondering if lowering the damage per tick down to 0.1 and increasing the durability to something ridiculous to like 1000000 might slow the process down at least reducing the constant replacement of the waterwheel?  I would appreciate any consideration you would make for us in this.  Thanks.

Can we please get an answer on this? What do we need to change in order to reduce the wear / maintenance need on the waterwheels?

On 1/8/2024 at 9:49 PM, SubtleOrc said:

What do we need to change in order to reduce the wear / maintenance need on the waterwheels?

Modconfig/medievalexpansion/config.json
parameter: "WaterWheelDamageMultiplier": 1.0,

default is 1.0
use 0.0 for no damage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the moment it seems like cellar ice cannot be stacked on the ground. It had been working in previous versions (Last used it with VS v.1.18.5 with ME v3.9.3) but not now, as of VS v1.19.7 and Medieval Expansion v3.13.1. No errors in any logs regarding it, it just cannot be placed for some reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.