Temporal Mirror

DArkHekRoMaNT

This mod adds Temporal Mirror, you can save a point (Sneak + RMB on the block) and return to this point (Hold RMB). The mirror is crafted from a frame and temporary gear and can teleport up to 1k-15k blocks (depending on the material). Can be repaired. The frame is made on anvil or using metal casting. A wooden frame require any wooden plank and chisel.

Spoiler

2021-08-10_01-00-26.thumb.png.d26543a8dd92c17bb9d9aed5ba0c2f2b.png

P.S. The plans add a second mirror, for teleportation to the players (Terraria forever!).  And improve the model, but most likely it will already be in 1.13, when  VS will support regular .obj models. 

P.P.S. In very distant plans, to return to the original idea of the mod and add teleportation blocks.  Or put it in a separate mod.  Wacky love of modularity, feel like a TE author. (There is a mod for creative teleports by McJty)

Download: ModDB or GitHub

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 3
  • Amazing! 3

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice concept! But ... eh ... why the physical appearance of a light image reflective mirror? What's light reflective on a temporal gear? Calling it a 'temporal compass' and giving it a corresponding appearance might make it a little more fitting to the theme imo.

• Cookie time 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 8:25 AM, AlteOgre said:

Very nice concept! But ... eh ... why the physical appearance of a light image reflective mirror? What's light reflective on a temporal gear? Calling it a 'temporal compass' and giving it a corresponding appearance might make it a little more fitting to the theme imo.

The idea is based on the magical mirror from Terraria.  And mirror as a mystical object associated with the otherside dimension has been used for a long time.  But I can’t imagine how the temporal compass works. In the new versions will use temporal gear powder. Destabilized matter :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Digitalr said:

Can confirm issue with consuming 2 charges. Is this a bug, or feature (while i travel relatively short distances e.g. 1000-1500, only one charge consumed, but atm i jump twice at 10000+, and both jumps consumes 2 charges)?

I know about this problem. It is quite old and comes from the use of the vanilla TeleporTo method. In some cases, it may not work, and since the method does not detect in any way whether the teleportation has completed or not, by default I believe that it has been completed. I think I'll rewrite this part later.

By the way, I like your version with distance and consumed durability. Perhaps I will rework the durability system of mirrors, now I don't really like it :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO: 1-5 sec. cooldown, after last decrement of durability, can solve issue with two charges per use consuming?

Also another suggestion: option to disable mirrors (or shift exit point randomly in 10-20 block radius), if temporal storm incoming or active.

UPD: Additionaly: there is no smithing recipes for meteoric iron and steel mirror frames.

Edited by Digitalr

7 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Also another suggestion: option to disable mirrors (or shift exit point randomly in 10-20 block radius), if temporal storm incoming or active.

Maybe. It's not interesting to just block, but an error in teleportation.... Hmmmm. I just need to somehow solve the problem with the unloaded chunk in order to test the possibility of teleportation to this random place. Otherwise it can easily teleport into the wall 😄

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

• 2 weeks later...

On VS 1.14.7 each shift+click (to set return point) consume too much durability of mirror. New steel mirror with 15000 durability have only 5508 durability left after set return point at 9217,125,17518.

UPD: Server restart solve problem. But, IMHO, even in this case, durability consuming are bug.

Edited by Digitalr
  • Confused 1

Happens again. May be triggered when travelled via translocator.

UPD: No, translocating, teleporting, or just run far away just increase value of consumed durability when i set return point.

UPD2: it is triggered definitely after i repair translocator and travel to other side. When i stay exact at point, where i use mirror to mark return point first time\ durability not consumed. Value of consumed durability exact as distance between first marked point and next marked point. Just as when i travel, using mirror to its destination.

------------------------------------------------------

В общем...

• Проблемы начинаются через некоторое время работы сервера.
  • Любая попытка отметить точку возврата сжирает часть прочности, равную расстоянию между точкой возврата на момент возникновения проблемы и текущей точкой возврата, которую пытаемся маркировать.
  • Возможно проблема вызвана ремонтом транслокатора/транслокацией. По крайней мере на данный момент, по изменению отжираемой прочки я вышел четко на место, которое маркировал перед проходом через транслокатор.
  • В креативе, судя по всему, прочка не отжирается.
  • Релог не спасает. Зеркало переключается непонятно куда. В моем случае на точку в 9000 кубов от текущей. Возможно второй конец транслокатора, где я маркировал другим зеркалом.
  • Рестарт сервера вроде бы спасает. На время. Хотя теперь я не уверен, потому как в процессе теста запасся десятком зеркал, перейдя в креатив. Не помню вышел из него на момент первой проверки, или нет. Рестартану уже завтра, перепроверю.
  • В сингле повторить не вышло. Но см.п.1.
Edited by Digitalr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.