Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

Hiya!

Looks fun! :) But is there a different download location? My internet security suite doesn't like/trust/allow the Amazon AWS service.

Maybe they could start being hosted directly here? Or maybe get some default FTP or something?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem/concern, but hey...figured I'd ask anyway! 

^_^

Paul L. Ming

On 12/7/2020 at 8:08 AM, Maclaird said:

Just had a Vintage update and it broke your mod. Are we going to see an update?

There was a known issue going from 1.x to 2.x of my mod (related to trotlines/limblines "breaking").  Is that what you're referring to?  Other than that, I'm running the latest version of VS and have been keeping VS up-to-date for quite a while now and my mod seems to be working just fine.  Unless there was an update to VS in the last couple of days of course!

1.  Check your mods folder and ensure that there's only one version of my mod in there.
2.  If possible, attach your server-main.txt log file here so I can see the error!

13 hours ago, Plum said:

Hiya!

Looks fun! :) But is there a different download location? My internet security suite doesn't like/trust/allow the Amazon AWS service.

Maybe they could start being hosted directly here? Or maybe get some default FTP or something?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem/concern, but hey...figured I'd ask anyway! 

^_^

Paul L. Ming

The latest version is hosted here only (in the original post).  Is that the one causing you grief?

2 minutes ago, Maclaird said:

Just got I think 1.14 and when I went to retrieve a fish from a basket trap it crashed the game. Had to pull the mod which is unfortunate. I hope they implement it since it makes so much sense

That sounds a lot like the bug I fixed when I updated the mod from v2.1 to 2.2, but that update should have been seamless (so no issue with older stuff).  I can't test that again until tonight!

@MaclairdSo I set up about 40 fish baskets and ran through every scenario I could dream up until I had caught about 20 fish, but I couldn't get it to crash.  I'm running VS 1.14.0 Stable and primitivesurvival2.2.0.zip.

Check your mods folder.  It should look something like this:

mods.jpg.673eab9535dacd0a53f626ea97db0fc8.jpg

And if you go up one folder and then into the logs folder, you can drag and drop your server-main.txt file into a reply here so I can look at it.  This guy:

logs.jpg.4002641ece92e208cc49f38c629c6985.jpg

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.  No one else has reported a problem of this magnitude...

Edited by Spear and Fang

What are the recipes for using fish in cooking pots? In your post it says you can use them in the place of meat in soups and stews, but I cannot find any combination that works? Putting two fish into the pot doesn't begin a meat stew, and haven't been able to add them to vegetable stews that I've tried either. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

@AshielI'm no cooking guru, so I had to refer to this again...

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Cooking#Advanced_Cooking_Recipes

So I just tried a few recipes, i.e. two fish, two different fish, and then threw some turnips in the mix, and they all worked for me.  Maybe you're not using raw fish?  I *think* it has to be raw fish...

2020-12-08_21-05-30.jpg.e3be73a5b9dadf54a9a4e59ab79ca82a.jpg

On 12/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, Spear and Fang said:

The latest version is hosted here only (in the original post).  Is that the one causing you grief?

Hiya!

The original post has a link of: https://www.vintagestory.at/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5373 ...and that is a link to, apparently the Amazon AWS. If not, then I have to do some looking into my computer ASAP! O_O  I suspect that the php id tag of 5373 actually is a redirect to Amazon? I guess? (I've been out of the web site biz for over 20 years...last 'new fangled web stuff' was Java and CSS!)

Can anyone confirm that the link doesn't redirect to amazon's AWS? (and yes, it's just any Amazon 'share' AWS download that BitDefender won't let me access; I COULD probably set up an exception, but then for any AWS that *does* have ill intentions, I've basically given them a key to my computer...and that's not something I'm willing to risk).

Sorry for the hassle. It's just odd that some links here look similar to the above...but don't go to AWS (Copygirls "CarryCapacity" Mod, for example, is a direct link to GitHub.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Heyo @Plum 
I was hosting it on GitHub until just recently, but it was a hassle having to maintain things both here and there.

I'm 99% sure that CopyGirl is one of only a few people hosting mods on GitHub (not that there's anything wrong with that).  Most mods are hosted here exclusively. So I'm not really sure that having me host back there again is any sort of solution for you - it would make way more sense for you to tweak your security settings.  Quite surprised you can even get Vintage Story updated as it's been popping security warnings of it's own of late.

Anyway, I just threw a copy of it on Github for you.  Just click on the link below and then click the download button, and it's yours! 

https://github.com/SpearAndFang/primitive-survival/blob/master/primitivesurvival2.2.0.zip

Edited by Spear and Fang

@Plum And yes, it is a redirect to amazonaws.com  https://ips-cic-filestore.s3.amazonaws.com/r268468/monthly_2020_12/primitivesurvival2.2.0_zip.......

In Google Chrome - Press F12 to open the debugger, click on the network tab, and hover over the names to get the urls.

And I mean, you COULD just disable BitDefender temporarily, download some mods, then reenable it.  If you're that security conscious, you should probably be right click- scanning those .zip files for viruses/malware after you download them, regardless of where they come from, because it's unclear to me why BitDefender trusts GitHub. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/github/comments/gonwyo/i_can_get_a_virus_by_using_github/

IT hat..disengaged.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Pretty cool mod so far, I love fishing and trapping in survival games. I agree that it seems a bit OP, but then again traps kinda are IRL if you think about it. If it isn't too unbalanced perhaps you could pan dirt for worms to bait your hooks? with a higher chance of getting one based on the soil fertility.

@Kai EffelsbergAre you downloading it from my original post on this forum?  Seems to work just fine.  If you just happen to be downloading it from my github page here:  https://github.com/SpearAndFang/primitive-survival

then left click on the zip file to go one level deeper, so to here: https://github.com/SpearAndFang/primitive-survival/blob/master/primitivesurvival2.3.0.zip

Then click the download button.  It's weird I know, but I didn't want to spend any time sorting that out (I really only threw that up there for Plum to be able to download it).  :)

Edited by Spear and Fang

8 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

@Kai EffelsbergAre you downloading it from my original post on this forum?  Seems to work just fine.  If you just happen to be downloading it from my github page here:  https://github.com/SpearAndFang/primitive-survival

then left click on the zip file to go one level deeper, so to here: https://github.com/SpearAndFang/primitive-survival/blob/master/primitivesurvival2.3.0.zip

Then click the download button.  It's weird I know, but I didn't want to spend any time sorting that out (I really only threw that up there for Plum to be able to download it).  :)

You can add your files to release

6 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Hmm.  But as I understand it, you no longer create releases there?)

Yes, I wanted to simplify my life by only hosting it in one place (here), but apparently that plan was not a good plan.  :(  I am still using GitHub, but my intention was to only use it to back up my source code.

Edited by Spear and Fang

I would like to say that I love this mod, and my favorite trap is the weir trap. I enjoy making weir trap farms, as I find them both useful and pleasing to the eye.

With that said, is there any chance you could make it so that spoiled/rotten fish are removed from the traps automatically? I suspect they would be eaten by crawdads, crayfish, crabs, or tiny fish too small to be caught in the trap itself if left alone. In a single player game it's not very noticeable, but my friends and I play on a persistent server and if they've played for a while, when I log in all the fish in the traps are rotten and I have to wander around cleaning out the traps that were fresh when I left.

Berry farming is a much better source of rot anyway, and fresh fish dumped in a container for a few days achieves the same rot-collection without having to clean out your traps just because your friends played that day while you were at work. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.