Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

2 hours ago, Hexedian said:

It seems the fish 100% drop rate problem is back. On RabbitTech, at least, all fishes caugh are dropped.

Yes, my bad.  Sorry!  When I was doing some final testing of slippery fish on a trotline/limb line, I had it set to 100% slippery.  And I forgot to change it back. I'll post a new release shortly.   And....posted v2.6.2 on the ModDB.

Edited by Spear and Fang

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hexedian said:

We're not sure what is causing it, but rafts have different speeds for different players. For some, they zoom fast, for others it's the same as swimming.

Can you confirm that that wind affecting players mechanism is disabled for everyone before I dig deeper?  I think it was disabled by default in the latest release.

Edited by Spear and Fang

3 hours ago, Hexedian said:

We've tried it both with and without wind, although changing the wind-player-movement setting itself could be a source of glitchy behavior.

Hmmm...could it be related to what the person is wearing?  Or XSkills, does that mod muck with movement speed?  Nobodies using that new movement mod I suspect. I had some people with very different computers test the speed a while back, and it doesn't appear to be machine specific (they both had exactly the same raft speed).  On a related note, something dramatic changed with one of the vanilla pre-releases, which prompted me turn the raft speed way down...in hindsight, I believe it was associated with that wind affecting players change, but I'm just not sure...

Edited by Spear and Fang

3 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Can you confirm that that wind affecting players mechanism is disabled for everyone before I dig deeper?  I think it was disabled by default in the latest release.

the wind pushing players around is actually default on; you have to use the disable command and restart the server to turn it off

• Thanks 1

just a handy dandy thing I have saved for my own use :P

Game updates

• Tweak: Can now disable wind affected player and creature movement via /worldconfigcreate bool windAffectedEntityMovement false
  • Tweak: Can now disable crop death via /worldconfigcreate bool allowCropDeath false

10 minutes ago, Hexedian said:

Armor movement penalty does not slow you down on a raft, as far as I can tell. We don't have xskills.

One more thing that came to mind - if you wouldn't mind - I'm assuming that you have a primitivesurvival.json file in your VintageStoryData\ModConfig folder.  Could you find "RaftWaterSpeedModifier": 0.2, and change it to like 0.6 to see if it affects your player in particular?  It was my understanding that those settings are all retrieved from the server and that changing it client side has no effect, but I'd sure like to confirm that.  You'll have to exit the game and restart after making that change of course.

Thanks for the info btw.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Mod seems suddenly unstable on the latest patch, and is generating crashes with the following error 

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vintagestory.GameContent.BakingProperties' from assembly 'VSSurvivalMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

If I'm being silly and this error is surfacing from a different mod I'm sorry!

13 hours ago, Grant Donahue said:

Mod seems suddenly unstable on the latest patch, and is generating crashes with the following error 

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vintagestory.GameContent.BakingProperties' from assembly 'VSSurvivalMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

If I'm being silly and this error is surfacing from a different mod I'm sorry!

Seems unlikely to be my mod - That error message is referring to the vanilla survival mod (aka the game itself), not Primitive Survival. 

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:35 PM, Hexedian said:

Changing the raft speed to 0.6, or even 2.0, didn't cause any excessive zoomies.

So Tyron disabled that wind pushing mechanism by default, and I see that TechRabbit posted this recently: "Need people to test wind pushing", which makes me think that it's turned on (you're on his server, correct?).  If so, and wind pushing is enabled, that's going to further complicate things, as I'm assuming that that was turned off by default for a reason.

good chance it was turned off by default because not a few players disliked the mechanic (including myself) for being far too powerful; pushing you diagonally/sideways while you're trying to move around has a bad habit of tossing you into a deep hole lol

Edited by Lisabet

3 minutes ago, Hexedian said:

Two people will raft in the same direction, and one will pass the other. Switching rafts, or making new ones didn't help, and neither did relogging. Some people are just slower on rafts than others.

Aww heck, I'm out of excuses.  I guess I'm just going to have to fix it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, noxxid3 said:

Having an issue where fish fillet disappears when cooking over a fire. Lost my fillet. 

I wonder if that was a case of the fillet turning to rot during the cooking process (the expiration process begins the moment that they're on a hook or in a trap, not when you first pick them up), or if you're playing on a server, just one of many hiccups that can occur.  If it's easily re-creatable, I can surely track it down.

If you logout of the game and back in and it reappears, I would say it's definitely a server/client hiccup.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.