Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

Heya Spang,
You know we love your mod. This applies to you too. \o/
Recently I've had some random crashes on my server and it would seem that PS may be one of the contributors to this behavior. I've included details below in an effort to help with any fixes that may need to be done. Thank you again and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

-Vallen
Vintage Story 1.16.3
Primitive Survival 2.8.0

I am running a modded server with the below listed mods. I am getting a crash on occasion and it seems to be asking for patches to mods that I am not using? I'm not sure. Either way, the crash reports/logs are here:
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/qopuvekowi.yaml
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/ipejebojew.yaml

Modlist:
Better Crates
Bricklayers
Carry Capacity
Cottage Window
DS Debarked Logs
More Roads
Player Corpse
Primitive Survival
Spyglass
Stone Quarry
Th3 Essentials
Workbench Expansion

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vallen said:

Heya Spang,
You know we love your mod. This applies to you too. \o/
Recently I've had some random crashes on my server and it would seem that PS may be one of the contributors to this behavior. I've included details below in an effort to help with any fixes that may need to be done. Thank you again and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

-Vallen
Vintage Story 1.16.3
Primitive Survival 2.8.0

I am running a modded server with the below listed mods. I am getting a crash on occasion and it seems to be asking for patches to mods that I am not using? I'm not sure. Either way, the crash reports/logs are here:
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/qopuvekowi.yaml
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/ipejebojew.yaml

Modlist:
Better Crates
Bricklayers
Carry Capacity
Cottage Window
DS Debarked Logs
More Roads
Player Corpse
Primitive Survival
Spyglass
Stone Quarry
Th3 Essentials
Workbench Expansion

Hey Vallen,

The only issues I see in the logs related to Primitive Survival are like the example I pasted below. These look a little off-putting, but will not cause you any problems whatsoever.

Long story short - Tels added some new clay types in Bricklayers because that was his only option, and I did not anticipate that change to the vanilla clay types.  Therefore, Primitive Survival is trying (and failing) to create recipes using the new Bricklayers clay types.  It's is a good thing because they wouldn't work anyway.  I've already made the necessary change to suppress the errors (in the next release).

I wish I could be more help to you with the crashing, but tracking down problems can be difficult.  The transition to 1.16 was pretty rocky, both for the vanilla game and for some of the mods.  Soooo many changes required/made on both sides. Looking at your mod list I have some suspicions, but I'm not about to point any fingers (hell, other mods aside it *could* be a problem with my mod, lingering problems with vanilla, or even with specific player setups).  

If it's ANY consolation, know that Primitive Survival is typically running on about 80 servers, and I have yet to identify a major issue specific to my mod.

Love you too buddy, and thanks for the kind words!

[Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
Edited by Spear and Fang

3 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Hey Vallen,

The only issues I see in the logs related to Primitive Survival are like the example I pasted below. These look a little off-putting, but will not cause you any problems whatsoever.

Long story short - Tels added some new clay types in Bricklayers because that was his only option, and I did not anticipate that change to the vanilla clay types.  Therefore, Primitive Survival is trying (and failing) to create recipes using the new Bricklayers clay types.  It's is a good thing because they wouldn't work anyway.  I've already made the necessary change to suppress the errors (in the next release).

I wish I could be more help to you with the crashing, but tracking down problems can be difficult.  The transition to 1.16 was pretty rocky, both for the vanilla game and for some of the mods.  Soooo many changes required/made on both sides. Looking at your mod list I have some suspicions, but I'm not about to point any fingers (hell, other mods aside it *could* be a problem with my mod, lingering problems with vanilla, or even with specific player setups).  

If it's ANY consolation, know that Primitive Survival is typically running on about 80 servers, and I have yet to identify a major issue specific to my mod.

Love you too buddy, and thanks for the kind words!

[Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved

Thanks Spang! It was just a noticed item and could have been a point of concern. I'm pretty sure I know the main issue and that it isn't your mod. You are the best, as always! ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:11 PM, Spear and Fang said:

@Vallen Some edits to my reply above just now, but nothing terribly helpful.  :(

I found out the main issue was an OOM issue with the server host and they are looking into it. Thanks to you, Tyron, and other mod devs for helping to find the issue. ❤️
The issue: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/12947

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the console @Spear and Fang
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-blurple-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-blurple-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-darkgrey-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-darkgrey-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-green-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-green-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-light-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-light-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-malachite-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-malachite-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-orange-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-orange-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-pink-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-pink-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-purple-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-purple-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-yellow-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-yellow-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved

59 minutes ago, CoB said:

From the console @Spear and Fang
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-black-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-blurple-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-blurple-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-darkgrey-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-darkgrey-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-green-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-green-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-light-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-light-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-malachite-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-malachite-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-orange-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-orange-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-pink-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-pink-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-purple-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-purple-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-yellow-normal-up-north-free in Grid recipe
14.2.2022 19:33:41 [Error] Grid Recipe 'primitivesurvival:type': Output Block code primitivesurvival:betterclayshinglestairs-yellow-normal-up-north-free cannot be resolved

These look a little off-putting, but will not cause you any problems whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, T4coShow said:

Hi me and my friend love this mod however it seems to have broken in our world. Some blocks have shown up as white ? blocks and the block says "Unknown block ID 16582". Is there any solution to this?

White blocks usually means that the mod isn't loading at all.  

if it was working and then suddenly stopped then ask yourself what changed just prior to that.  Did someone update the game itself? Was a new mod added or removed?  Also:

1.  Check your mods folder and ensure that you don't have more than one copy of Primitive Survival in there on any one computer.  And be aware that there are actually two mod folders - ..\Vintagestory\Mods and Vintagestorydata\Mods.
2.  Have a look in the mod manager on each computer when you start up.  Is it listed in there, only once, and enabled?

3..  Ensure you have the latest version of the mod (2.8.0).  Older versions will not work with 1.16+
4.  Make sure everyone is running the same version of Vintage Story and the same version of the mod

If none of those help, your vintagestorydata\logs\server-main.txt file most likely tells us the reason why it's not working.  
If there are no clues in there, then client-main.txt or maybe even server-debug.txt.  

oh, and also don't try to do anything imaginative inside your mods folders.  Don't create folders in there with other stuff in them. Don't unzip any mods.  Their contents should be very simple...just some zip files and dll files.

Appreciate the kind words!

Edited by Spear and Fang

Howdy ! I posted this problem on the mod page but didn't see this one, so...

"Hey ! Little problem here, on my server, one of my friends can't connect to the game if I put this mod in. It works fine for all other players.
The error shown on his computer mentions :

"System Exception: Don't know how to instantiate item of class 'itemhide', did you forget to register a mapping?"

Does somebody know a solution for this ?"

Edited by Nicodemus

13 minutes ago, Nicodemus said:

Howdy ! I posted this problem on the mod page but didn't see this one, so...

"Hey ! Little problem here, on my server, one of my friends can't connect to the game if I put this mod in. It works fine for all other players.
The error shown on his computer mentions :

"System Exception: Don't know how to instantiate item of class 'itemhide', did you forget to register a mapping?"

Does somebody know a solution for this ?"

If your friend is rocking Windows 10 they need to install Net Framework 4.8.  Should already be installed via Windows Updates, unless Windows Updates is broken.
If they're on an older version of Windows, they'll need to track down and install Net Framework 4.7.2 from Microsoft's website.
If it's linux or some such, idk, sorry.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Ok thanks a lot ! I'll wait for him to reconnect. So in the meantime I put back your mod on the server, but the white blocks are still here : /

And I have just one copy of the mod in my files.

Edit Oh I noticed you mentioned the mod manager... Does the mod need to be in the proper Vintagestorydata\Mods or is the ModsByServer folder OK ?

Edit 2 : Well I tried to put it in Vintagestorydata\Mods but still the same :(

image_2022-03-10_174616.png

Edited by Nicodemus

Not sure if it could help for those white blocks, but I found some warnings in client-main.txt : 

Spoiler

11.3.2022 16:37:57 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
11.3.2022 16:40:09 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
11.3.2022 16:47:03 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
11.3.2022 17:52:28 [Warning] OpenAL Error during disposestop of sound game:sounds/environment/waterwaves.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:52:28 [Warning] OpenAL Error during disposestop of sound game:sounds/environment/waterwaves.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:52:29 [Warning] OpenAL Error during disposestop of sound game:sounds/environment/waterwaves.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:52:34 [Warning] OpenAL Error during construction before of sound game:sounds/walk/grass2.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:57:38 [Warning] OpenAL Error during disposestop of sound game:sounds/creature/hare-idle.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:57:40 [Warning] OpenAL Error during construction before of sound game:sounds/block/leafy-picking.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:57:40 [Warning] OpenAL Error during construction before of sound game:sounds/block/leafy-picking.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 17:57:40 [Warning] OpenAL Error during disposestop of sound game:sounds/block/leafy-picking.ogg: InvalidValue
11.3.2022 18:43:39 [Warning] Texture with texture id 249 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 18:43:39 [Warning] Texture with texture id 248 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 18:43:39 [Warning] Texture with texture id 247 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 18:44:54 [Warning] Texture with texture id 246 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 18:44:54 [Warning] Texture with texture id 245 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 18:44:54 [Warning] Texture with texture id 244 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:00:09 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
11.3.2022 19:30:24 [Notification] Destroying game session, waiting up to 200ms for client threads to exit
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 50 base assets in category sounds
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 74 base assets in category shaders
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 16 base assets in category shaderincludes
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 128 base assets in category textures
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 4 base assets in category music
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category dialog
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category compatibility
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category shaderpatches
11.3.2022 19:30:25 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category shadersnippets
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 50 base assets in category sounds
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 74 base assets in category shaders
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 16 base assets in category shaderincludes
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 128 base assets in category textures
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 4 base assets in category music
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category dialog
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category compatibility
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category shaderpatches
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category shadersnippets
11.3.2022 19:30:26 [Notification] Exiting current game to main menu, reason: leave world button pressed
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 28071 with 36 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 393 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 569 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 678 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 377 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 384 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 382 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 383 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 370 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 378 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 367 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 822 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 817 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 815 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 812 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 814 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 810 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 28226 with 600 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 28252 with 36 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 379 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 381 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 28097 with 36 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 374 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 795 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 796 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 794 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 798 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 802 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 801 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 821 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 808 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 807 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 819 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 376 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 372 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 820 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 28105 with 618 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 818 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 816 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 234 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 221 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 226 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 230 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 220 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 225 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 233 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 236 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 229 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 219 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 224 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 232 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 228 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 223 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 235 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 227 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 222 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 231 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 185 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1677 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1683 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1400 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1438 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1398 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1554 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1358 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1357 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1733 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1695 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1682 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1678 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Texture with texture id 1679 is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var TEXTURE_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
11.3.2022 19:30:28 [Warning] Loaded sound game:sounds/menubutton.ogg is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose()

And for the problem of my friend : he's on Windows 7, stuck with Net Framework 4.6.2 and can't update it : / It says his system can't run other versions...

He sent me that, but really don't know if it could help :

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 4 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: volumetricshadingcontinued@0.6.3, game@1.16.4, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4
12/03/2022 00:24:34: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate item of class 'itemhide' did you forget to register a mapping?
   à Vintagestory.Common.ClassRegistry.CreateItem(String itemClass)
   à Vintagestory.Common.ItemTypeNet.ReadItemTypePacket(_V5KVIg6AZCt8Xw4s8zyEyfYSGfh packet, IWorldAccessor world, ClassRegistry registry)
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleServerAssetsStep1()
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   à _eaiE9OWXDVmX2r6n7JaWPscBEkO._LvzIyYpsQCoC78JubjSO0HCjtTg(Single )
   à _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   à _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   à System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 479
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 454
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 375
   à _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   à _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nicodemus said:

And for the problem of my friend : he's on Windows 7, stuck with Net Framework 4.6.2 and can't update it : / It says his system can't run other versions...

He sent me that, but really don't know if it could help :

Hide contents

Running on 64 bit Windows with 4 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: volumetricshadingcontinued@0.6.3, game@1.16.4, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4
12/03/2022 00:24:34: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate item of class 'itemhide' did you forget to register a mapping?
   à Vintagestory.Common.ClassRegistry.CreateItem(String itemClass)
   à Vintagestory.Common.ItemTypeNet.ReadItemTypePacket(_V5KVIg6AZCt8Xw4s8zyEyfYSGfh packet, IWorldAccessor world, ClassRegistry registry)
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleServerAssetsStep1()
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   à _eaiE9OWXDVmX2r6n7JaWPscBEkO._LvzIyYpsQCoC78JubjSO0HCjtTg(Single )
   à _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   à _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   à Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   à System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 479
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 454
   à OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) dans C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:ligne 375
   à _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   à _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )

Windows 7 was end of life over 2 years ago, so I have no interest in supporting it.  But I know of other people who were able to update their systems.  i.e. this one says it is supported under Win 7 sp1.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows-05a72734-2127-a15d-50cf-daf56d5faec2
It seems that even newer ie .Net Framework 4.8 is supported.  I've seen that exact error log before, and it's because of .Net Framework.

Your other issue (with the white blocks) seems like either zero or two copies of the mod are living in one of your mod folders, or in a sub-folder in one of your mod folders, or is unzipped.  Or not enabled in the mod manager.  Your server-main.txt log should reveal what's going on there.

The client-main.txt you posted indicates that you've got some fairly serious looking audio issues with the vanilla game itself.  I think.  You might want to do a full reinstall of the game itself and see if that helps.

Edited by Spear and Fang

"or is the ModsByServer folder OK ?"
I'm not sure what this means, but if it's a folder that you've created inside one of your two regular mods folders then that's not a good idea afaik.  And make sure you only use one of the two mods folders  (vintagestory\mods, vintagestorydata\mods) for your mods.

Edited by Spear and Fang

It seems that even newer ie .Net Framework 4.8 is supported.  I've seen that exact error log before, and it's because of .Net Framework.

Well, he tried to install newer versions but got stuck everytime : /

Your other issue (with the white blocks) seems like either zero or two copies of the mod are living in one of your mod folders, or in a sub-folder in one of your mod folders, or is unzipped.  Or not enabled in the mod manager.  Your server-main.txt log should reveal what's going on there.

I checked all my folders with mods in it and I think I've got just one copy 🤔

"or is the ModsByServer folder OK ?"
I'm not sure what this means, but if it's a folder that you've created inside one of your two regular mods folders then that's not a good idea afaik.

This folder was here when I installed the game, I didn't create it. So I don't know why you don't have it. For me it's in my VintagestoryData folder.

And make sure you only use one of the two mods folders  (vintagestory\mods, vintagestorydata\mods) for your mods.

That's interesting, I'll check that, thx :)

Edit

Your server-main.txt log should reveal what's going on there.

Another problem is that in my server-main.txt, it's not the good server which is shown I think ^^'

And also, I found that on the wiki :

"Starting from Vintage Story 1.16, when you connect to a multiplayer server which offers a modded game, it will automatically set up the mods correctly for that server on the player's side. It creates a folder(names it on its own by IP or servername) in ModsByServer folder for each different multiplayer servers it's located AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\ModsByServer"

Edited by Nicodemus

I make another message, the previous one started to be long ^^

So, I managed to find the server-main.txt of the good server :

Spoiler

12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Server logger started.
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] C# Framework: Mono 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:29:18 UTC 2021)
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Launching server...
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Server v1.16.4, network v1.16.5, api v1.7.0
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Entering runphase Initialization
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Loading configuration...
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Entering runphase Configuration
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Using world seed: 852623317
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Loading savegame
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Loaded existing save game data. Playstyle: surviveandbuild, Playstyle Lang code: preset-surviveandbuild, WorldType: preset-surviveandbuild
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Savegame //home//sid_3522787//vintageStory//Saves//default.vcdbs loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] World size = 1024000 256 1024000
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Event] Loading assets...
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Start discovering assets
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 1 base assets in category blocktypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category itemtypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category sounds
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 30 base assets in category textures
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category recipes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldgen
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 2 base assets in category entities
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 169 base assets in total
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Entering runphase AssetsReady
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Will search the following paths for mods:
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification]     /home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/Mods
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 mods (0 disabled)
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Mods, sorted by dependency: primitivesurvival, game, creative, survival
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Instantiated 78 mod systems from 4 enabled mods
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] External Origins in load order: modorigin@/home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/assets/creative/, modorigin@/home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/assets/survival/, mod@PrimitiveSurvival2.8.0.zip
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 420 external assets in category blocktypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 224 external assets in category itemtypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 external assets in category lang
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 15 external assets in category patches
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 42 external assets in category config
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 23 external assets in category worldproperties
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 external assets in category sounds
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 2449 external assets in category shapes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 227 external assets in category textures
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 345 external assets in category recipes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 364 external assets in category worldgen
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 65 external assets in category entities
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 external assets in category compatibility
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Reloaded lang file with mod assets
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Event] Loading save game...
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Entering runphase ModsAndConfigReady
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] JsonPatch Loader: 99 patches total, successfully applied 99 patches, unmet conditions on 10 patches, no errors
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Reloaded 19 weather patterns, 5 wind patterns and 5 weather events
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification] BlockLoader: Entities, Blocks and Items loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification] Started 70 systems on Server:
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSEssentials.dll' (game):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.Core
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityPartitioning
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ErrorReporter
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ModCompatiblityUtil
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NoObf.ModJsonPatchLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.Essentials.PathfindSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.Essentials.PathFindDebug
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.JsonExport
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ModBasicBlocksLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.LeafBlockDecay
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.POIRegistry
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.RoomRegistry
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemCommands
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemServer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WorldMapManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NoObf.ModRegistryObjectTypeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.LoadColorMaps
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ClothManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GridRecipeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSSurvivalMod.dll' (survival):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenPatchesPrePass
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenSnowLayer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenTerra
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SaplingControl
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SurvivalCoreSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenTerraPostProcess
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ChiselBlockBulkSetMaterial
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenFromHeightmap
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenRockStrataNew
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NpcControl
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenCreatures
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenMaps
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.WgenCommands
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.DebugSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.UpgradeTasks
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.MyceliumSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemAuction
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.LiquidItemStackRenderer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.CharacterSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.RecipeRegistrySystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.FruitingSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemRifts
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemRiftWeather
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModTemperature
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.CustomSpawnConditions
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SystemTemporalStability
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemWearableStats
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemBlockReinforcement
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.GameEffects
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModJournal
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModLootRandomizer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSleeping
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.TeleporterManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.MechanicalPowerMod
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenDeposits
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenStructures
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenCaves
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenBlockLayers
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenPonds
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenStructuresPosPass
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenVegetationAndPatches
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenRivulets
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenLightSurvival
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.RecipeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.TraderOutfits
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSCreativeMod.dll' (creative):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldEdit.WorldEdit
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenBlockLayersFlat
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenLightCreative
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'PrimitiveSurvival2.8.0.zip' (primitivesurvival):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.PrimitiveSurvivalSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.TreeHollows
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 6 cooking recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 518 crafting recipes loaded from 222 files
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 7 metal alloys loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 204 smithing recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 61 clay forming recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 42 knapping recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 155 barrel recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Notification] Server map set
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Notification] Entering runphase LoadGame
12.3.2022 17:18:34 [Notification] Entering runphase WorldReady
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Reloaded 35 tree generators
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Loading 7x7x8 spawn chunks...
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] 0% (49 in queue)
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Begin save game ticking...
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Entering runphase RunGame
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Successfully loaded 63 waypoints
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Starting server threads
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Dedicated Server now running on Port 29700 and ip 176.57.140.68!
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] All clients disconnected, pausing game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:19:18 [Notification] A Client attempts connecting via TCP, assigning client id 1
12.3.2022 17:19:18 [Notification] Client uid q/niD05AgiUgQfPgmCfLXcGm attempting identification. Name: Nicodemus
12.3.2022 17:19:19 [Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
12.3.2022 17:19:19 [Notification] Placing player at 511720.0625 123 512500.875
12.3.2022 17:19:35 [Event] Nicodemus 86.213.23.124:49649 joins.
12.3.2022 17:19:37 [Notification] A client reconnected, resuming game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Notification] Last player disconnected, compacting large object heap...
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Event] Player Nicodemus left.
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Notification] All clients disconnected, pausing game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:20:58 [Warning] Server overloaded. A tick took 1762ms to complete.

52 minutes ago, Nicodemus said:

I make another message, the previous one started to be long ^^

So, I managed to find the server-main.txt of the good server :

Hide contents

12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Server logger started.
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] C# Framework: Mono 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:29:18 UTC 2021)
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Launching server...
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Server v1.16.4, network v1.16.5, api v1.7.0
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Entering runphase Initialization
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Event] Loading configuration...
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Entering runphase Configuration
12.3.2022 17:18:01 [Notification] Using world seed: 852623317
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Loading savegame
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Loaded existing save game data. Playstyle: surviveandbuild, Playstyle Lang code: preset-surviveandbuild, WorldType: preset-surviveandbuild
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Savegame //home//sid_3522787//vintageStory//Saves//default.vcdbs loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] World size = 1024000 256 1024000
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Event] Loading assets...
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Start discovering assets
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 1 base assets in category blocktypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category itemtypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category sounds
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 30 base assets in category textures
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category recipes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldgen
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 2 base assets in category entities
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 169 base assets in total
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Entering runphase AssetsReady
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Will search the following paths for mods:
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification]     /home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/Mods
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 mods (0 disabled)
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Mods, sorted by dependency: primitivesurvival, game, creative, survival
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Instantiated 78 mod systems from 4 enabled mods
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] External Origins in load order: modorigin@/home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/assets/creative/, modorigin@/home/sid_3522787/vintageStory/assets/survival/, mod@PrimitiveSurvival2.8.0.zip
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 420 external assets in category blocktypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 224 external assets in category itemtypes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 external assets in category lang
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 15 external assets in category patches
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 42 external assets in category config
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 23 external assets in category worldproperties
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 4 external assets in category sounds
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 2449 external assets in category shapes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 227 external assets in category textures
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 345 external assets in category recipes
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 364 external assets in category worldgen
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 65 external assets in category entities
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Found 0 external assets in category compatibility
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Reloaded lang file with mod assets
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Event] Loading save game...
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Entering runphase ModsAndConfigReady
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] JsonPatch Loader: 99 patches total, successfully applied 99 patches, unmet conditions on 10 patches, no errors
12.3.2022 17:18:02 [Notification] Reloaded 19 weather patterns, 5 wind patterns and 5 weather events
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification] BlockLoader: Entities, Blocks and Items loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification] Started 70 systems on Server:
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSEssentials.dll' (game):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityPartitioning
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ErrorReporter
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ModCompatiblityUtil
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NoObf.ModJsonPatchLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.Essentials.PathfindSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.Essentials.PathFindDebug
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.JsonExport
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ModBasicBlocksLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.LeafBlockDecay
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.POIRegistry
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.RoomRegistry
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemCommands
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemServer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.WorldMapManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NoObf.ModRegistryObjectTypeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.LoadColorMaps
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ClothManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GridRecipeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSSurvivalMod.dll' (survival):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenPatchesPrePass
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenSnowLayer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenTerra
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SaplingControl
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SurvivalCoreSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenTerraPostProcess
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.ChiselBlockBulkSetMaterial
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenFromHeightmap
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenRockStrataNew
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.NpcControl
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenCreatures
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenMaps
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.WgenCommands
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.DebugSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.UpgradeTasks
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.MyceliumSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemAuction
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.LiquidItemStackRenderer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.CharacterSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.RecipeRegistrySystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.FruitingSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemRifts
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemRiftWeather
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModTemperature
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.CustomSpawnConditions
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.SystemTemporalStability
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemWearableStats
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemBlockReinforcement
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.GameEffects
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModJournal
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModLootRandomizer
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSleeping
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.TeleporterManager
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.MechanicalPowerMod
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenDeposits
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenStructures
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenCaves
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenBlockLayers
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenPonds
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenStructuresPosPass
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenVegetationAndPatches
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenRivulets
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenLightSurvival
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.RecipeLoader
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.GameContent.TraderOutfits
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'VSCreativeMod.dll' (creative):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldEdit.WorldEdit
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenBlockLayersFlat
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenLightCreative
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]     Mod 'PrimitiveSurvival2.8.0.zip' (primitivesurvival):
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.PrimitiveSurvivalSystem
12.3.2022 17:18:26 [Notification]         PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.TreeHollows
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 6 cooking recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 518 crafting recipes loaded from 222 files
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 7 metal alloys loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 204 smithing recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 61 clay forming recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 42 knapping recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Event] 155 barrel recipes loaded
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Notification] Server map set
12.3.2022 17:18:33 [Notification] Entering runphase LoadGame
12.3.2022 17:18:34 [Notification] Entering runphase WorldReady
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Reloaded 35 tree generators
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Loading 7x7x8 spawn chunks...
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] 0% (49 in queue)
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Begin save game ticking...
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Entering runphase RunGame
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Successfully loaded 63 waypoints
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] Starting server threads
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Event] Dedicated Server now running on Port 29700 and ip 176.57.140.68!
12.3.2022 17:18:38 [Notification] All clients disconnected, pausing game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:19:18 [Notification] A Client attempts connecting via TCP, assigning client id 1
12.3.2022 17:19:18 [Notification] Client uid q/niD05AgiUgQfPgmCfLXcGm attempting identification. Name: Nicodemus
12.3.2022 17:19:19 [Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
12.3.2022 17:19:19 [Notification] Placing player at 511720.0625 123 512500.875
12.3.2022 17:19:35 [Event] Nicodemus 86.213.23.124:49649 joins.
12.3.2022 17:19:37 [Notification] A client reconnected, resuming game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Notification] Last player disconnected, compacting large object heap...
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Event] Player Nicodemus left.
12.3.2022 17:20:43 [Notification] All clients disconnected, pausing game calendar.
12.3.2022 17:20:58 [Warning] Server overloaded. A tick took 1762ms to complete.

Ah ok, sorry!  I only play single player so I was not up to speed on the ModsByServer folder structure.  The log file you posted does not indicate any errors, so the problem must be client side.

My best suggestion is to remove any and all instances of Primitive Survival from the client(s) (so check ..\vintagestorydata\mods, ..\vintagestory\mods, and ..\vintagestorydata\modsbyserver). When the client joins, it should automatically download it again and place it in the correct location.  Once the client has joined, it wouldn't hurt to also check the Mod Manager and ensure that the mod is listed there once, and that it's enabled.

Primitive Survival was installed on nearly 100 servers at one point recently, so I'm pretty sure that it's not a mod issue.

As for the Windows 7 issue, my best guess is that they have not even updated their Win7 to service pack 1, or their Win7 is pretty broken (i.e. Windows Updates are broken).  I'm not sure that I can be much help with that, because I have no idea if even functional Windows updates would help them at this point - I don't know if Microsoft is even providing updates for that product.

Edited by Spear and Fang

When the client joins, it should automatically download it again and place it in the correct location.  Once the client has joined, it wouldn't hurt to also check the Mod Manager and ensure that the mod is listed there once, and that it's enabled.

It downloads it but puts it in the ModsByServer folder. And so the mod doesn't show up in the Mod Manager.
Edit : and, if it helps, I can craft all the items of your mod, but it's just those blocks which don't load.

As for the Windows 7 issue, my best guess is that they have not even updated their Win7 to service pack 1, or their Win7 is pretty broken (i.e. Windows Updates are broken).  I'm not sure that I can be much help with that, because I have no idea if even functional Windows updates would help them at this point - I don't know if Microsoft is even providing updates for that product.

Yeah ok I understand. Thanks a lot anyway ;)

Edited by Nicodemus

3 hours ago, Nicodemus said:

It downloads it but puts it in the ModsByServer folder. And so the mod doesn't show up in the Mod Manager.
Edit : and, if it helps, I can craft all the items of your mod, but it's just those blocks which don't load.

I can imagine a situation where the game was started with the mod disabled, and so the game assigned block ids that were previously owned by Primitive Survival to new vanilla blocks or some other mod.  There are some utilities designed to help recover from this sort of situation, but none of them are particularly pleasant to use.

1.  Backup your world
2.  Try /fixmapping applyall

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/en#.2Ffixmapping

If that doesn't work, I suppose I would try and restore an even older backup.  Alternatively, if new blocks worked fine, one could either (a) switch to creative mode, run around and destroy all those existing white blocks, and carry on with your game, or (b) try and remap them on a case by case basis with /bir [getid|getcode|remap] or /iir

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/en#.2Fbir
https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Modding:The_Remapper

If /fixmapping applyall doesn't solve it and you can't restore an older backup, it becomes a pretty unpleasant situation from what I've heard.

/bir and /iir also involve turning on the hud (show block interaction help) and looking at some of those white blocks to figure out what they're supposed to be.  I'm assuming that they really are Primitive Survival blocks but those white blocks have shown up before even for people who are playing without mods, and the typical advice is to use /fixmapping applyall to fix that.

Edited by Spear and Fang

I'm pretty sure that is still an option, thanks Thorfinn.

I suspect that there's even more to the story that we don't know, because leaving an OS until it's years past end of life makes absolutely no sense to me - especially an internet connected OS.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.