Temperature effects on character health?

Soliton

Hello to anyone who reads this post.  I purchased the game some months ago, but decided to start playing now that 1.13 has been released.  I started a new game and was surprised to find that the near 0 deg C temperature had no effect on the health on my character.  Moreover I was freely able to swim in icy streams and sit out in the freezing rain.  Did I miss a setting to request the associated limitation or is it not part of the current game.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

BTW, the game looks simply amazing and I look forward to many hours of play.

You did not miss a setting. This is simply a case of "the development team has not yet gotten around to implement such effects". You will also find, for example, that you can stay underwater indefinitely; the player character currently does not breathe and can never drown.

This game is in Early Access, meaning it is still in active development. It is also not feature-complete yet. Therefore, by the classical definition of software development, you are playing an "alpha version".

I haven't played the newest version yet, but in one of the update notes it said "During low temperatures the players hunger rate will increase by up to 50%. Can compensate by going into caves or staying in an enclosed room, the increase is only by 16% then". So temperature kind of has an indirect effect on health, especially when there is also less food available in cold/snowy areas.

To best of my knowledge, inside/outside is not a thing yet.  It's just a uniform penalty based on time.   I don't think clothes have any effect yet either.  This is kind of why it was backed off - the penalties were put in prematurely, without any way to counter them really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.