Do ores continue to generate (or become exposed) after spawn?

Torondor the Builder

So as my world entered its second year since generation, I headed north through a gap between two mountains I had often traversed.  I previously had not noted either the native copper bits on the ground near the mountain, nor had I noted the copper ore vein in the basalt blocks making up the mountainside above me (about 5 blocks were exposed to air).  
So did I truly just miss this vein the entire first year, or did something happen and this just appeared after winter?  (Perhaps the rains or snows exposed it?)

Thank you for the help.

9 minutes ago, redram said:

If you have dirt gravity turned on (which it is not by default), the exposed blocks may have been exposed in an avalanche at some point potentially.   However there is no mechanic that would generate new surface nuggets, to best of my knowledge.

I don’t.  Just sand and gravel.  And the mountain face was fairly sheer, so there was no avalanche that I did not create.  I must have just been oblivious.  Definitely need to be more observant.  Thanks all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.