Water

City Builder

Trying to figure out a way to water my crop fields while still offering them protection with trenches around them for the occasional drifter, rabblt, wolf falling in.

I dug down two blocks in the middle of my field and got a bucket of water but can't seem to dump the water into the hole, is this not possible?

What's the best way of watering a small field (let's say it's 4 x 20)

Thanks

3 hours ago, City Builder said:

I dug down two blocks in the middle of my field and got a bucket of water but can't seem to dump the water into the hole, is this not possible?

Sprint+right click places a source block.  Sprint defaults to the cntrl key, iirc.   It's most efficient to make fields in 7x7 squares, with a water block in the center, since water's range for hydrating fields is 3.   Many people like to put a trap door above the water, so as not to fall in.  It helps a lot of keep fields away from buildings, and definitely not under overhangs, so that they get watered by rain.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

How I fill water into a hole? My climate is - rain very often, but in my second summer I have now a second dry-periode - so I will fill water holes. Giving water with a can - thats bad. My field is very big. I have a bucket, but can't fill, I place my bucket with water in the hole, but not only water. Like in real life, in 1386 I did got nearly every day raining in the summer, but 1387 is a very dry summer. So I need irrigation.

help.jpg

Edited by RobinHood

thats not working, chatwindow is popping up, I changed for this reason some other shortcuts with CTRL.  Filling Barrel with water no problem, just RMB.

Edit: Ah okay, its fine
I changed my Key for running/sprinting - Tab key much better for my leftt hand.

Edited by RobinHood

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.