Trail Food

Rue

This is my first mod. The premise of this mod is to bring some dried long term foods for traveling since you do a lot of it.  Version 1.0  is a rewrite of the Pemmican mod by Elwood.

Current foods:

• Pemmican
  • Pemmican Block

Planned foods:

• Dried Berries
  • Granola
  • Dried Meats
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Oatmeal with dried berries

Please enjoy the mod and let me know if you have any suggestions.    

Trail Food.zip

Edited by Rue
  • Like 8
  • Cookie time 1

I think I will get a lot of use out of this mod as I feel that berries rot very quickly (not unnaturally so just hard to deal with). Also adding the dried berries to the porridge recipe pool is a request I would like to make although I know it is a lot of work. It would be like oatmeal with raisins. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Moore said:

I think I will get a lot of use out of this mod as I feel that berries rot very quickly (not unnaturally so just hard to deal with). Also adding the dried berries to the porridge recipe pool is a request I would like to make although I know it is a lot of work. It would be like oatmeal with raisins. 

I love the oatmeal with raisins idea. You may have to suffer with porridge with craisins (dried cranberries).  It may take me awhile but I will try. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OP just updated the old mod that added pemmican, so that's the only thing this mod currently adds.

It's a good start and hopefully they move forward with adding other things and updating pemmican to better reflect the current food system. The saturation value of the pemmican is very low, considering the ingredients and doesn't account for multiple food types.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:37 PM, Steel Fire said:

OP just updated the old mod that added pemmican, so that's the only thing this mod currently adds.

It's a good start and hopefully they move forward with adding other things and updating pemmican to better reflect the current food system. The saturation value of the pemmican is very low, considering the ingredients and doesn't account for multiple food types.

I am currently working on adding a new block that will use the dry property of foods to allow the drying of fruit and bushmeat. Also looking at adding the ingredient values into the final food. This is my first mod so it is taking me a bit to learn the process but I definitely intend to keep working on it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not very, turns out. I hope OP doesn't mind, since this mod is already a rewrite of Pemmican, but I think I was able to add in redmeat and poultry pemmican variants. 
It breaks the old pemmican, but... oh, well. You could just as easily stick to a single pemmican type that uses any kind of meat to make, but then you'd be wasting saturation if you used anything but bushmeat, which kind of defeats the point, no?
@Rue Feel free to use whatever you want from this file!

Trail Food.zip

• Like 1

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Not very, turns out. I hope OP doesn't mind, since this mod is already a rewrite of Pemmican, but I think I was able to add in redmeat and poultry pemmican variants. 
It breaks the old pemmican, but... oh, well. You could just as easily stick to a single pemmican type that uses any kind of meat to make, but then you'd be wasting saturation if you used anything but bushmeat, which kind of defeats the point, no?
@Rue Feel free to use whatever you want from this file!

Trail Food.zip

Do I need both his original file and this one? Or should I swap so I don't get conflicts?

On 12/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, l33tmaan said:

This one is just the original that's tweaked a bit and put into a .zip file, you just need this for now.

Hmmm, in your version it doesn't seem to have the original recipe - I have a ? block with numbers on it attached to where I had pemmican made  with Rue's original.

Edit - Or is that what you meant when you said it broke the original?

Edited by Godogma

Yeah, it's a byproduct of adding new variants of any item. Happened with wooden paths, happens here. I don't think there's a way around it since the variants are technically entirely separate items.
But the bushmeat pemmican is identical to Rue's aside from that. My attitude when this stuff happens has shifted to 'just turn your world creative for a few minutes and fix it'. Just replace those ? blocks with bushmeat pemmican and you're good to go.

7 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Yeah, it's a byproduct of adding new variants of any item. Happened with wooden paths, happens here. I don't think there's a way around it since the variants are technically entirely separate items.
But the bushmeat pemmican is identical to Rue's aside from that. My attitude when this stuff happens has shifted to 'just turn your world creative for a few minutes and fix it'. Just replace those ? blocks with bushmeat pemmican and you're good to go.

I haven't had the game long enough to learn all the ins and outs of that; how does one turn the world creative for a few minutes to fix it?

On 11/15/2020 at 10:53 AM, Gallus0Razielim said:

Looking forward to planned additions to this. 

Also it'd be neat if we could store pemmican bricks on a shelf.

Guess what?

2020-12-15_14-41-31.thumb.png.571bf77c5456e9071400ff241de9009a.png

Took me a while, but I got around to it. Plus this version should patch the old pemmican into the new one! Everything should be nice and smooth now.
Making food is fun. Let me know if I should change their look up or something. 

Trail Food.zip

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.