Better survival ore generation

Criperum

The current provisioning mode is stated to be realistic but i believe it should also go with realistic ore generation. Right now you can waste a ton of time and picks probing chunks for ore just to find a small disk you can dig out in a single run and never come back. How about making ore veins bigger, random shape and may be less compact? It will force people to actually build mines, be attacked by drifters spawning there and so on (hopefully stone falling and supports are comng in the future).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scott Kimberly said:

I would really love if big ore veins were rare but MASSIVE and made mines more useful. 

I found a giant iron mine not far from my base, but by the time my road to it is done, the mine will be depleted. 

Which i guess is realistic in its own way

I love that idea , we are actually working on an industrial mod that will change ore generation to something like that : Building Roads / Railroads will be worth for the amount of ore 

• Like 1

As i can  see from the picture the ore blobks are next to each other forming a dense cluster. By density i mean a measure of regular rock blocks between ore blocks.

Deposit looking like foam rather then solid rock.

Edited by Владислав Кудряшов

19 hours ago, Владислав Кудряшов said:

As i can  see from the picture the ore blobks are next to each other forming a dense cluster. By density i mean a measure of regular rock blocks between ore blocks.

Deposit looking like foam rather then solid rock.

Personally I would prefer it to be connected, even if it is in a holey cheese manner.

It's not much fun to wonder if you're still in the vein, having varying ore content in the blocks as you drift from the center and/or spaghetti/cheese like veins is fine though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Feone Varen said:

It's not much fun to wonder if you're still in the vein

That's why you have 2 modes for propick. May be we just have different meaning of fun. For me if everything is served for you on a plate is not fun.

Also i think if density feature is in action the value of 80% will make more or less connected sheese like vein

Edited by Владислав Кудряшов

20 hours ago, Владислав Кудряшов said:

That's why you have 2 modes for propick. May be we just have different meaning of fun. For me if everything is served for you on a plate is not fun.

Also i think if density feature is in action the value of 80% will make more or less connected sheese like vein

Why not include a worldgen option at the start, to pick between foam and solid ore generation?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.