[Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

copygirl

[Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerDeath
27.7.2022 18:01:34 [Error] Exception: System.MissingFieldException: Feld nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.EntityServerProperties.Attributes".
   bei CarryCapacity.Common.DeathHandler.OnPlayerDeath(IPlayer player, DamageSource source)
   bei Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerDeath(IServerPlayer player, DamageSource source) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:Zeile 750.

1.17 rc2

Edited by CoB

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CoB said:

Seems there is a conflict with "Player Corpse". Player Corpse seems not to work properly any more with this mod installed. Will also tell the mod author.

From what I've seen, CarryCapacity causes a non-fatal error on a player's death, due to changes to the game and the mod not being updated. It doesn't crash the game entirely, but anything trying to run after this error is simply skipped, presumably Player Corpse's code is affected. If the author can get their code to run before mine, the issue could perhaps be mitigated.

However, I do not recommend using my mod any longer, it hasn't been updated to the latest version, just happens to somewhat work, still. It is not supported or maintainted in any way. If there's anyone out there who would like to continue it: The mod is open source, so you wouldn't need my permission, but know that I'm completely fine with it. All I ask is perhaps change the name so it doesn't conflict or confuse.

Thank you for all the good times! 💚

• 7 months later...

Thanks for this mod. I just wanted to report a weird bug I've encountered. 

I die instantly when receiving damage. Creatures for example make multiple damage (6 times although the just deal one hit). It's shown in the damage log.

Or when I'm starving my health drops within seconds to zero. I'm not sure if this behavior is affected by other mods that I use but this one seems to be the trouble maker.

40 minutes ago, betterdayz said:

Thanks for this mod. I just wanted to report a weird bug I've encountered. 

I die instantly when receiving damage. Creatures for example make multiple damage (6 times although the just deal one hit). It's shown in the damage log.

Or when I'm starving my health drops within seconds to zero. I'm not sure if this behavior is affected by other mods that I use but this one seems to be the trouble maker.

Do not use CarryCapacity in modern versions of Vintage Story. Check out CarryOn instead, which is a continuation of this mod. I will update the main post.

Just a wild guess but I'm guessing this is somehow similar to the bug involving items not being properly collected in a grave by another mod. An error occurs due to CarryCapacity not being compatible with newer versions of the game, such as "field XYZ does not exist", however instead of crashing it just prevents any subsequent code from running. Perhaps some code damages the player, fires a "taking damage" event which runs CarryCapacity's code responsible for dropping held containers, and only then sets the invulnerability timer. If the error occurs before the invulnerability timer is applied, you can immediately start taking damage again on the next game tick.

• copygirl changed the title to [Discontinued] CarryCapacity v0.6.5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.