Currency Mod

Samuel Kloss

Currency Coins

I have no clue how to add a picture to this post.

Not much to say about it, just pay your rent and sell stuff.

You can make a coin mold with clay & cast your own coins! 

For Serverowners:

There is a creative mold for Coins with the stamp "VS". So you can stop that players generate to much money. 
There will be still the normal coins without the Stamp. But you can just tell them thats fake money.

Todo-List

- Add Coinpiles

- Add Doubloons

- Add remelting-recipes (No idea yet, if i really want that, raises currency value)

- Add Coin Bags

- Cosmetic Blocks for Vaults (Not sure on this one, but would be nice)

- Brands maybe, like the VS Coins just for normal players.

English & German Translation

Downloadlink

Edited by Samuel Kloss

Its more a role-playing thing. I personally dont like the rusty gears. Also i would like to have Currencys with different worths to make purchases easier as example

Because the Server is flooded with Copper, the Copper Coins are not much worth and since you cant smelt them back the Coins are not as much worth as Copper also. But someone decides to sell his meat stew for 12 Copper Coins. and you want to buy 10 of it. So instead of giving him 120 Coins, he says you can also give him 1 Silver Coin and 20 Copper Coins. 

6 hours ago, Samuel Kloss said:

Its more a role-playing thing. I personally dont like the rusty gears. Also i would like to have Currencys with different worths to make purchases easier as example

Because the Server is flooded with Copper, the Copper Coins are not much worth and since you cant smelt them back the Coins are not as much worth as Copper also. But someone decides to sell his meat stew for 12 Copper Coins. and you want to buy 10 of it. So instead of giving him 120 Coins, he says you can also give him 1 Silver Coin and 20 Copper Coins. 

Maybe add the ability to melt coins back? It would be logical and convenient. But only for crafted coins, not for vs.

resmeltable in my opinion is a must have for the craftable coins at least.

As the mold is creative only and the VS coins seem to not be intended to be resmeltable, why not just make them a creative only item, that can't be crafted, should be easier to control the flow and therefore inflation of the currency that way. and as you aren't able to resmelt them, there will be no increase of metal through them either.

I meant instead of having the mold for the VS coins attainable only through the creative menu, just make the VS coins a creative only item.

Only 1 thing would really change: no player without access to the creative menu would be able to make VS coins.
the mold could land in the hands of a player and that player would be able to produce VS coins, but if the VS coins itself are not craftable you'd have a rather short list of suspects who could be responsible for a massive spike of new VS coins, therefore more control over the money flow and therefore less inflation.

but tbh. i think i'd use raw nuggets as currency, they are quite high stackable, have a use other than being currency, are unable to be forged, and prizes would regulate themself with scarcity of the used nuggets. but if the craftable and resmeltable coins would be 1 metal unit each, and would stack to 1024 i'd use them (mostly for making alloys though ^_^)

Edited by Hal13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.