Path blocks messed up with update

Erland

Someone mentioned this in the issue tracker (issue #726) and we found out this is likely simply due to the update requiring a remapping. When you're playing in singleplayer, you just have to follow the instructions in the dialog box that shows up after the update. On a server, you have to run "/fixmapping applyall" to apply these changes.

49 minutes ago, Fredrik Blomquist said:

Do you have keep the world open while the update is going on?

Yes. If I remember correctly, the world will automatically restart when it's done?

44 minutes ago, Fredrik Blomquist said:

I don´t know how repair mode works - i got some suggestion about starting that with some command, i might look in to it when i have time. Anyway, the world seems to work now, except for the the path blogs.

When you open the world selection screen, you can click the pencil to find more options, such as the Run in Repair mode button.

Which version are you on, now? Perhaps you messed up with switching between version and the game got confused and doesn't offer to show the update dialog anymore?

48 minutes ago, copygirl said:

Yes. If I remember correctly, the world will automatically restart when it's done?

When you open the world selection screen, you can click the pencil to find more options, such as the Run in Repair mode button.

Which version are you on, now? Perhaps you messed up with switching between version and the game got confused and doesn't offer to show the update dialog anymore?

Ok, thanks for the help. Tried a few times now. Seems like the game says nothing about corrupt files anymore, but the game crashes after a few minutes. I think the "Run in Repair mode" fixed the issues with the issues with path blocks, but the game still crashes after a few minutes. It took nearly 15 minutes for the game to load in Repair mode. When the game crashes it tells me to look att client-main.txt dokument. Where do i find that?

Should i do a full reinstaller of the game? Will it delete the savefiles? Not sure if i bother if it does anymore...

(Finally found where you edit your posts :-))

I downloaded Stabler steel Age and Character Customization (v1.14.1 & 2) - thats when i lost my swords. Then Stable Christmas Patch (v1.14.3), when i got troubble with the paths, and then Stable Christmas Patch Hotfix (v1.14.4) (at least two times) trying to fix it.

Edited by Fredrik Blomquist
made some misstakes in my previous post

7 minutes ago, Fredrik Blomquist said:

After a few minutes of gameplay the game tells me that the host not responded, crashes and shuts down.

Yeah, in that case, the server-main.txt file would be helpful. One way to get to it would be to go to the Mod Manager in the main menu, to one folder up, and into the Logs folder.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, David Hubbart said:

i have this problem too. is there a way i can just cheat in the new stone path blocks to replace the question marked ones?

This should be resolved by letting the update dialog do its thing. But if for some reason it doesn't show up anymore, you can temporarily go into creative mode by typing "/gamemode creative" into chat and back to survival one you're done in the same way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.