Just. One. Borax.

Hovdavic

That's all I need to start working with the stack of meteoric iron ingots I have ready to go. It's frustrating. But...

I just want to say that the diversity between different play-throughs in this game is incredible. I have now made it to iron (and more recently, steel) in more than 10 worlds. And while I have loved it when I have found all I needed within a 1000 blocks of my home, I have also become bored more quickly in those worlds. The world I am in right now is a fun one. But I have not been able to find Borax or Bauxite - two key components for working with the better metals. This has forced me to explore this world, and I am loving what I am discovering (I just found some crazy pit ruin that had a little pond with boney soil for its bottom, and a small treasure chest in the corner of the room, for example) There is SO much to see in this game, not to mention the back story being revealed as you go along So even though, at the moment I feel a little frustrated at not having found what I need yet, I am actually really enjoying the process. Maybe THIS propick sample with say Borax... Maybe on the other side of those mountains I will find Bauxite... I may change my tune if this goes on for 100 hours of game time, but for now I am loving it, anticipating that moment when I can say FINALLY I found what I need...

But I'd be lying if I told you I don't sometimes under my breath curse the developers for requiring that flux to weld the iron anvil together. 😁😁

Good work, and keep the goods comin'!

• Like 2

4 часа назад Пол Ховда сказал:

Это все, что мне нужно, чтобы начать работу со стопкой слитков метеоритного железа, которая у меня есть. Это расстраивает. Но ...

Я просто хочу сказать, что разнообразие прохождения в этой игре невероятно. Сейчас я сделал это железо (а в последнее время и сталь) более чем в 10 мирах. И хотя мне понравилось, когда я нашел все, что мне было нужно, в пределах 1000 кварталов от моего дома, мне также быстро стало скучно в этих мирах. Мир, в котором я сейчас нахожусь, веселый. Но мне не удалось найти бура или боксит - два ключевых компонента для работы с лучшими металлами.Это заставило меня исследовать этот мир, и мне нравится то, что я открываю (я только что нашел какие-то сумасшедшие руины ямы, в которых был небольшой пруд с костяной почвой на дне и небольшой сундук с сокровищами в кабинетах, потому что Пример) В этой игре есть на что посмотреть, не говоря уже о предыстории, раскрываемой по мере вашего продвижения. в настоящий момент я немного разочарован тем, что мне действительно нужно, я действительно наслаждаюсь процессом. Может быть, ЭТО образец пропика с, скажем, Бораксом ... Может быть, на другой стороне этих гор я найду боксит ... Я могу изменить свою мелодию, если это будет продолжаться в течение 100 часов игрового времени, но сейчас мне это нравится Я с нетерпением жду тот момент, когда я могу сказать НАКОНЕЦ, я нашел то, что мне нужно ...

Но я бы солгал, если бы сказал вам, что иногда не проклинаю разработчиков за то, что они требовали, чтобы этот флюс сварил железную наковальню вместе. 😁😁

Хорошая работа, и сохраняйте товар!

Если вы установите генерацию руды и ее распределение намного выше стандартного при создании мира, есть шанс, что вы не найдете буры.

Edited by Evolush

40 minutes ago, Evolush said:

Если вы установите генерацию руды и ее распределение намного выше стандартного при создании мира, есть шанс, что вы не найдете буры.

This is good to know. I have not adjusted the ore distribution from the default for this particular world, but it's good to know this for future worlds when setting the world parameters. Спасибо.

1 hour ago, junawood said:

But of course you need the right type of stone in the area, so sandstone, shale, chert and some others are what you should be looking for.

So you need sedimentary rock for borax to spawn? I actually am in a space with chert as it's surface rock, and lots of sandstone nearby. I'll just keep looking... 

Does the propick detect borax?

This is all helpful info. Thanks. I have easily found borax in about half of my worlds, but in the other half it has been more illusive. I think that's why I love this game so much, you never know what resources you are going to easily obtain, and so you have to improvise with what you have until you discover something else you need and can incorporate it into your game. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeremy McArthur said:

People talk about the “back story” but I have found zero in game lore. I think they recently released tapestries or something?

Books, scrolls and tapestries. Books and scrolls you can read by using them, tapestries, if complete, will tell their story by looking at them.

I have found a couple of books in underground ruins, but I have found A LOT of books by panning boney soil. It can be a bit grindy (standing in water panning literally all night) but you get other cool and useful stuff as well. Frankly, the search for more of the story has kept me engaged in a world I have nearly 120 hours poured into. And finding a book feels like such a rush. I'm glad there isn't a ton of information outside of the game on the backstory, to make me discover it while playing. 

Yes i'm all about the mystery and I thank you 2 for not spoiling anything. Im even fine with it being rare as it makes it that much more special like you said. I just hope by the time 1.0 comes out there is a good system for steering you towards putting the story together. Also I had no idea you could pan the bony soil! To bad its all gone from around me haha, down side to public servers. Oh well.... the hunt continues. Thanks gents. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.