Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Yeah, current it doesn't mention using fish at all in the handbook.  That's why I mention it.  I was able to figure out the smashed (and I assumed nuggets, since smashed worked) by trial and error only because the tooltip for the baked kelp sheets mentioned fish.  No mention of fish in the handbook, only fish sauce at the end of the entry.

Yo! I think I've found a couple of bugs with bottles:

-Right clicking water with an empty bottle usually causes the bottle to disappear instead of filling it with water.

-Drinking from a stack of 2 or more bottles makes the bottles bottomless! Only tested with cottage cheese, milk, and red current juice but seems like it will work that way with everything.

Should probably note I am running a dedicated server on the same machine I'm playing on (just in case that generates some weird edge cases that cause the bugs).

Not a 100% sure if this is from EF. Any ideas?

22:02:23 [Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.DoSmelt_Patch2(ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan,Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor,Vintagestory.API.Common.ISlotProvider,Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot,Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot)
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.smeltItems () [0x00028] in <a692591804684882b670f4b5f0d9249c>:0 
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnBurnTick (System.Single dt) [0x001b1] in <a692591804684882b670f4b5f0d9249c>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x000d3] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x00000] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process () [0x0020d] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 

10 hours ago, ASpy said:

Yo! I think I've found a couple of bugs with bottles:

-Right clicking water with an empty bottle usually causes the bottle to disappear instead of filling it with water.

-Drinking from a stack of 2 or more bottles makes the bottles bottomless! Only tested with cottage cheese, milk, and red current juice but seems like it will work that way with everything.

Should probably note I am running a dedicated server on the same machine I'm playing on (just in case that generates some weird edge cases that cause the bugs).

I'll look into that empty bottle issue, but the other thing is a vanilla issue, I'm pretty sure. Try it with buckets, too.

4 hours ago, Amigurumi said:

Not a 100% sure if this is from EF. Any ideas?

22:02:23 [Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan.DoSmelt_Patch2(ExpandedFoods.BlockSaucepan,Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor,Vintagestory.API.Common.ISlotProvider,Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot,Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot)
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.smeltItems () [0x00028] in <a692591804684882b670f4b5f0d9249c>:0 
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnBurnTick (System.Single dt) [0x001b1] in <a692591804684882b670f4b5f0d9249c>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x000d3] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x00000] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process () [0x0020d] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 

Probably. What were you making?

1 minute ago, l33tmaan said:

I'll look into that empty bottle issue, but the other thing is a vanilla issue, I'm pretty sure. Try it with buckets, too.

Probably. What were you making?

Looks like one of our players was making tea. Seems to be the only person that was cooking anything at the time.

3 hours ago, Amigurumi said:

Looks like one of our players was making tea. Seems to be the only person that was cooking anything at the time.

Uhh... you shouldn't be able to make that anymore.

40 minutes ago, ASpy said:

Tried it out with buckets, mugs, and bowls as well, seems like only bottles get the bottomless feature.

Well, darn. I should take a closer look at the bucket code again, then.

Hello.

How stable/save to use is the current mod version with 1.16?
I have stopped playing my world in version 1.15 and not continued so far out of fear of screwing my save up.

Have a nice sunday and thanks for the mod and the work with it.

How stable/save to use is the current mod version with 1.16?

I'm playing on 1.16.5 and the mod feels perfectly stable. It integrates so well with the vanilla game I consider it essential. There are a couple of non game-breaking bugs but they don't come up often and are pretty easy to avoid or forgive where they do occur.

On that note, @l33tmaan, I noticed Salads have a couple intermittent (yay!) bugs, in my heavily modded game at least. Soups/Stews don't have the same bugs so I believe it's something in particular with salads.

-The bowl and pot contents often don't render, though the tooltip still shows "Bowl with meal". Salads that did render before will sometimes stop rendering or vice-versa if I reload the chunk.

-The tooltip shows incorrect nutrients, I currently have a salad bowl showing 14,400 fruit sat because I made it with redcurrant syrup but I don't receive 14,400 fruit sat for eating it.

-Nutrients may not be established correctly. I include meat nuggets or breaded meat nuggets in every salad but often get a salad that gives 0 protein sat.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to try out to reproduce these issues.

• Sad 1

That's what I thought, but he was able to start the process and then we got a cascade of that error as a result. I had to copy our server's save into single player, roll the mod back to .8 (I couldn't even get to the chunk it was in while still on .10), delete the small cauldron it was cooking in, and then put the fixed save file back on the server. 

Edited by Amigurumi
  • Sad 1

... Saucepan doesn't say "Will create one portion of Cooked Pasta Noodles" when raw noodles and water are in it on the fire. Mixing bowl doesn't say "Will create one portion of Cold Pasta Meal". 😜

Same rendering issue for cold pasta! I don't have any yogurt made up just yet to try the yogurt meal. My breaded meat nuggets didn't add any protein sat to the cold pasta meal, so maybe that one's a bug with breaded nuggies in meals?

7 hours ago, Senlovos said:

So I'm a bit new to Vintage story and I'm using this mod as it was recommended. I'm enjoying it of course!

but I'm trying to figure out how to dry berries in the firepit but I have no idea how;

You dry berries in the oven, not the firepit.  Just warm the oven up by putting fire wood in it and lighting.  After the fire it out, the oven will be hot for a while.  Just put the berries in and wait.  They'll change to dried versions after a little while.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Randell Miller said:

You dry berries in the oven, not the firepit.  Just warm the oven up by putting fire wood in it and lighting.  After the fire it out, the oven will be hot for a while.  Just put the berries in and wait.  They'll change to dried versions after a little while.

Meant to edit the message to say that I figured it out but yeah. Wound up figuring it out after I realized the issue I was having with the oven to put firewood in was clicking in the wrong spot lol

I still need to try and reproduce some of the errors posted here, but I have something I'd like to get some feedback on.

Basically, @Vinter Nacht had the idea to split Expanded Foods out into several mods that utilize a core mod as a dependency for the rest. Basically, there would be something like 'Expanded Foods - Core' mod which just contains the tools like the mixing bowl, saucepan, meat hooks, all that stuff, and then a 'Expanded Foods - Recipes' mod that actually adds in food and recipes that utilize the core mod. I like the idea, but I want to hear from people on a few things

• What are the limits of modularity you would accept? Is what I described up above enough for you? Already too much? Do you think 'EF - Core' is too vague and there should be a mod for each tool? What about an 'EF - Primitive Survival' mod and an 'EF - Wildcraft' mod? Note: "Whatever level of modularity you (l33tmaan) want" is a cop-out answer. What do YOU want?
  • How much would this change if the game automatically detected you had something like 'EF - Primitive Survival' downloaded and automatically got the dependencies without you having to go to the ModDB?
  • What parts of EF do you typically use in your playthroughs? Why?

Feel free to add anything else that might help, but I think this is the bare minimum I'd like to know about before getting too deep in the reeds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I still need to try and reproduce some of the errors posted here, but I have something I'd like to get some feedback on.

Basically, @Vinter Nacht had the idea to split Expanded Foods out into several mods that utilize a core mod as a dependency for the rest. Basically, there would be something like 'Expanded Foods - Core' mod which just contains the tools like the mixing bowl, saucepan, meat hooks, all that stuff, and then a 'Expanded Foods - Recipes' mod that actually adds in food and recipes that utilize the core mod. I like the idea, but I want to hear from people on a few things

• What are the limits of modularity you would accept? Is what I described up above enough for you? Already too much? Do you think 'EF - Core' is too vague and there should be a mod for each tool? What about an 'EF - Primitive Survival' mod and an 'EF - Wildcraft' mod? Note: "Whatever level of modularity you (l33tmaan) want" is a cop-out answer. What do YOU want?
  • How much would this change if the game automatically detected you had something like 'EF - Primitive Survival' downloaded and automatically got the dependencies without you having to go to the ModDB?
  • What parts of EF do you typically use in your playthroughs? Why?

Feel free to add anything else that might help, but I think this is the bare minimum I'd like to know about before getting too deep in the reeds.

Modularity doesn't matter at all to me.  If a mod is good, I'll install more than one part.  Then again, dealing with mods never bothered me.    Having modules means one could easily remove things they don't use.  Less modules is easier to install.  Either way is the same weight to me.  I'll use the mod either way as I like it.

Auto update for needed modules = good.  Anything that removes the human element from failure points is good.

I have used everything in the mod at one point.  I tend to use the drying fruit, bread crumbs, and pemmican the most, along with everything that relates to those.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.