Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Its almost not worth cutting meat into nuggets with how fast it spoils almost instantly, but some food like soups I believe only seem to support nuggets or regular meat? Pounding the meat before cooking for most meals is working for me but I feel like the different meat types need another pass to make sure everything is working as intended.

@l33tmaan very much this:

4 hours ago, Moonmonk said:

Its almost not worth cutting meat into nuggets with how fast it spoils almost instantly, but some food like soups I believe only seem to support nuggets or regular meat? Pounding the meat before cooking for most meals is working for me but I feel like the different meat types need another pass to make sure everything is working as intended.

could you at least put a config option for the old behaviour?

I can't do a config for the 'old' way of perishing because I have nothing to do with the new way, which must be intended by Tyron anyway - even if I could change it, I probably wouldn't. I'll review the perish timers for processed food in light of this.

17 hours ago, Mechanist said:

Can you perhaps give a screen shot of what you mean, cuz i did add water into it but nothing cooks :C

image.png.4ada774c6daa27cbc8ca0a703c776966.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I guess now's a good time to ask: what do YOU think I should do with smashed meat? Keep it? Remove it?

Please keep it for the Schnitzel (Breaded Smashed Meat)! Its a whole country who loves Schnitzel here. And Schnitzel with Noodles! Only Champignionsauce is missing sadly.

• Like 1
  • Cookie time 1

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I can't do a config for the 'old' way of perishing because I have nothing to do with the new way, which must be intended by Tyron anyway - even if I could change it, I probably wouldn't. I'll review the perish timers for processed food in light of this.

image.png.4ada774c6daa27cbc8ca0a703c776966.png

Im referring to the cauldron is it the same?

21 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I'll review the perish timers for processed food in light of this.

Well in light of this, just making it so it does not spoil any faster should work.

21 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I guess now's a good time to ask: what do YOU think I should do with smashed meat? Keep it? Remove it?

Keep it, after all in addition to schnitzel (mmm, schnitzel!), it adds a level of verisimilitude to the meal preparation of meat.

1 hour ago, Hells Razer said:

Well in light of this, just making it so it does not spoil any faster should work.

Keep it, after all in addition to schnitzel (mmm, schnitzel!), it adds a level of verisimilitude to the meal preparation of meat.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll probably make the chopped meat perish timers identical to smashed/regular meat. It won't lose any extra spoilage, but it won't gain any either.

• Like 1

An interesting bug occurred with a player on my server.
They made stew with dumplings, and it was hearty and filling- and also crashed anyone who moused over it.

This is an example of the error thrown. Unsure if it was a bad mod interaction or what, but...

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ExpandedFoods.BlockMealBowlBasePatches.nutriFactsFix(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlotorFirstSlot, ItemStack[] contentStacks, EntityAgent forEntity, String& __result, Boolean mulWithStacksize, Single nutritionMul, Single healthMul)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMeal.GetContentNutritionFacts_Patch1(BlockMeal this, IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlotorFirstSlot, ItemStack[] contentStacks, EntityAgent forEntity, Boolean mulWithStacksize, Single nutritionMul, Single healthMul)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMeal.GetContentNutritionFacts(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, EntityAgent forEntity, Boolean mulWithStacksize)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockMeal.GetHeldItemInfo_Patch1(BlockMeal this, ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetDescription(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, Boolean debug)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.AsyncRecompose()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemstackInfo.SetSourceSlot(ItemSlot nowSlot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudMouseTools.OnMouseEnterSlot(ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerOnMouseEnterSlot(ClientMain game, ItemSlot slot)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseMove(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent mouse)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseMove(MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseMove_Patch0(ClientMain this, MouseEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.UpdateMousePosition()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\REDACTED\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\REDACTED\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\REDACTED\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )

41 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That's a new error... what'd you put in the dumplings? It almost looks like it couldn't handle all the nutrition or something.

They cooked half and put the other half in the stew. The cooked, unstewed, and non-crashing half have 
"Chicken nugget, eggs, spelt flour, salt, and water". Apparently they made some redmeat dumplings with the same layout and mixed them in the stew, if that helps.

43 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Was this a meat stew or what?

Two stews, I got the exact ingredients they used:
First stew- Redmeat, Redmeat, Dumplings, Potatoes from More Crops
Second stew- Onion, Potato, Dumplings, Dumplings

Unable to replicate with just potatoes, so I don't think it's More Crops conflicting, but...

On 6/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, Peter Sanderson said:

Issues with salad - tested only with Expanded Foods, Primitive Survival, Wildcraft and Wild Farming running, then added More Crops

Sausages with salt cannot be added to salads. By design?

No textures appearing in bowl or pot for salad. Mixing bowl window identifies it as salad and lists ingredients, but in the pot it shows an ingredients list when you look at it. It only shows as "pot with a meal" in the hotbar. Even just vanilla ingredients show no textures or information

(EDIT: Stripped it down to EF and Wildcraft only. Textures were back as is correct recipe information and naming but this stopped. Added in Wild Farming - boom - the errors are there. Removed Wild Farming, errors still there. Deleted world and restarted with just EF and Wildcraft. Errors again. Down to just EF on a new creative world. Still there. Grumble.)

In the bowl, either in the hot bar or placed, it is "bowl with a meal"

More Crops veg do not work in salad, but do seem to work in the cooking pot (only)

2022-06-24_10-11-21.png

2022-06-24_10-07-03.png

2022-06-24_10-06-50.png

Just so you know, I can't replicate this. You said this only happens with Wild Farming installed?

• Like 1

Question time: How do the cauldrons/saucepan look compared to the older models? Are they too busy? Should they be simplified a bit? Should I have some kind of config option to swap between the shapes?

2021-08-19_16-04-56.jpg

2021-11-19_16-50-36.jpg

Just, y'know. Imagine the old ones had lids too.

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 3

Question time: How do the cauldrons/saucepan look compared to the older models? Are they too busy? Should they be simplified a bit? Should I have some kind of config option to swap between the shapes?

I like the more detailed models myself, but I think a config option would be fine

On 6/30/2022 at 3:37 PM, l33tmaan said:

Just so you know, I can't replicate this. You said this only happens with Wild Farming installed?

I will try and retrace and see. if I can duplicate the bug.If there is any additional data I can provide, please let me know.

I will message in Discord w screenshots

I really like the embellishments on the mini cauldrons. I don't think any of them look too detailed, but the saucepan always looks like its squishing the fire. I don't know if that's anything to fix though, maybe just some feet or something like the cauldrons?

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.5.4

Updated to version 1.5.4!

• Added Dehydrated Berries, made by breaking up berry mash; usable in everything dried berries can be used for (may turn into fruit leather instead of dried berries later)
  • More Animals Compatibility added (Boiled/pickled egg variants added)
  • Chopped food perish timers reviewed; now match base food timers
  • Dried fruit perish timers updated
  • Recipes completely re-factored
  • Smashed meat can be added to soup & scrambled eggs
  • Boiled eggs can be added to dumplings
  • Saucepan clayforming recipe updated
  • Cauldron/saucepan holding animations updated
  • Deluxe fried veggies given proper names
  • Japanese translation updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Making bone broth on Survival doesn't work for me (but it does on Creative for some reason), so I guess it must be a mod conflict?

edit: I didn't see the new version before posting (should have refreshed the page), so I'm going to try that now.

Edited by Nalier

I've heard reports that 1.5.4 uses a LOT less RAM than 1.5.3. I'm hoping to clean things up even more for further performance increases.

25 minutes ago, Nalier said:

Making bone broth on Survival doesn't work for me (but it does on Creative for some reason), so I guess it must be a mod conflict?

Works on my machine!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.