Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

6 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

It would be quite a bit of work, you would need to create the meat types, then make patches to remove the existing meat drops and replace them with your own, for each animal. I think I've seen people try it before, but it's never gone anywhere. I don't think it would require any C#, but I could be mistaken. 

As I thought. Well, if I may be so audacious, at least keep it in consideration, if you ever feel particularly ambitious about a heavier feature for your mod.
Separating the meat types and adding more ways to process the meat (fried meat through a forged frying pan, grilled meat through a smelted/forged grill, stewed meat in the cooking pot (the only way we have in vanilla right now) and baked meat in an oven) would be pretty much all the features I could personally ask for food options considering all the stuff you've added already.

I mostly just want a proper medium-rare grilled steak in the game, I tell ya hwat.

Edited by Khornet

On 10/9/2023 at 7:36 PM, l33tmaan said:

Oh, yes. I've seen that before. No idea why the math works out like that! My inputs make sense. 😂

Classic floating point errors. A common way to sanitize would be to force it either with ToString conversion with ToString("0.00") or before that with value = value - (value % 0.01).

I have no idea how Vintage Story throws the item description boxes around or how it handles them.

i was reading the first page of the mod and i saw the expanded pies part, i was intrigued about it and i tried reproducing in the game but i couldn`t mix different types of foods, im playing on the latest version of the mod (1.6.8) and on vs 1.18.15

imagem_2023-11-11_203434723.png

Edited by João Gabriel Antunes Cunha

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues such as the aforementioned issues with soups not accepting "expanded" ingredients, as well as Bone Broth not behaving as it should; cannot be drank or used in meals, as well as fruit juice not turning into syrup and chicken not being able to be used in seemingly ANY meal. Im using EF 1.6.8 and VS 1.18.15
image.png.51db4ffdbe26742f52b3e2af3553a06b.png

Anyone else having issues making pies?

When i put the 2 dough on the table to make the pie, the dough remains in my inventory as a phantom item. If i try to fill the pie and pick it up, the pie disappears and when i pick the dough and filling items off my hotbar the numbers revert back to before i put them on the table.

I have made it work before but i cant figure out the correct sequence of events to work around it.

2 minutes ago, DandyDan said:

When i put the 2 dough on the table to make the pie, the dough remains in my inventory as a phantom item. If i try to fill the pie and pick it up, the pie disappears and when i pick the dough and filling items off my hotbar the numbers revert back to before i put them on the table.

I have made it work before but i cant figure out the correct sequence of events to work around it.

for me is working ok, it's working like vanilla pies but I can use different types of doughs but without their different bonuses (like doughs made with milk having a bit of dairy), and I am even using other mods with it (but the expanded pies not working isn't bc of the mods, I've tested it)

Weird request but, could you make things like chopped/breaded/cooked mushrooms & vegetables inherit their food type from vanilla in any way? it would make patching them for this mod much, much easier (Working on a mod that swaps Mushrooms to Protein instead of Vegetables, which is both realistic and helps make them not just worse vegetables; but covering this mod's deluge of related mushroom foods is...laborious)

On 11/26/2023 at 11:23 AM, DandyDan said:

Try logging out and logging back in. This was fixed a while back and seems to have come up again recently.

2 hours ago, VaelophisNyx said:

Weird request but, could you make things like chopped/breaded/cooked mushrooms & vegetables inherit their food type from vanilla in any way? it would make patching them for this mod much, much easier (Working on a mod that swaps Mushrooms to Protein instead of Vegetables, which is both realistic and helps make them not just worse vegetables; but covering this mod's deluge of related mushroom foods is...laborious)

Not... really. Not without creating some kind of new food item class or attributes or something crazy.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, DandyDan said:

I've been encountering this recently. I think it has to do with taking dough out of the mixing bowl. I've found dropping the dough and picking it back up fixes it.

Edited by PurpleArrowhead
  • Like 1

So I've been encountering this when making salads. Once the lowest shelf life item spoils, it makes the whole meal go to waste.

I don't know if this is intended behaviour, but if it is, the freshness timer doesn't reflect it, nor does the handbook make mention of it.

I have A Culinary Artery 1.0.15 and Expanded Foods 1.6.8

Screenshot (35).png

On 1/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, l33tmaan said:

Any kind of ingredient that goes into a pie can be mixed with other ingredients, PLUS you can use soft dough, acorn dough, and herbal dough as pie crusts.

How  though?

We've tried every combination of possible pie fillings in the mixing bowl, and none of them have shown any hint of being useful?

Edited by EvilPCDiva

On 12/2/2023 at 1:30 AM, EvilPCDiva said:

How  though?

We've tried every combination of possible pie fillings in the mixing bowl, and none of them have shown any hint of being useful?

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Pies aren't supposed to be made in the mixing bowl.

12 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Pies aren't supposed to be made in the mixing bowl.

If he has the same problems I do, I believe he means if you try using the soft dough made in the mixing bowl immediately after making it, it doesn't actually work as a pie shell and only spawns as a phantom item. Thankfully PurpleArrowhead's solution of dropping the dough on the ground first and picking it back up is a functional workaround.

And as a another sidenote. The scrambled egg recipe using liquid egg doesn't seem to work at all despite of being written out quite clearly in the handbook.

• Like 1

Hi, I hope you're doing well- enjoying the mod, happy to see it get continued support.

Bit of an issue with bone broth recently; it doesn't like going into containers, disappears when I lift the container it was cooked in and refuses to mix into stews- only letting me disperse it in a single 40ml dose that, again, disappears if I try and mess with it. If there's anything you need from me to troubleshoot any of this, I'll be around!

On 12/13/2023 at 12:00 AM, PaleSoul said:

any particular reason this mod makes scrambled eggs no longer possible? thats a staple of vanilla recipes and shouldnt have been removed at all. makes me not even want to use the mod 

They are still possible, and the meal has actually been buffed. You just need to crack the eggs first.

Can't make scrambled eggs with shell in it, y'know? 

• Like 1

Hello, would like to report a bug:

Doesn't work for me on 1.19 pre-9, when using version 1.6.8. When generating the world, the server exits, and in the log I see errors such as: 

[Error] Item with code expandedfoods:item-name has defined an item class ExpandedLiquid/Food, but no such class registered. Will ignore.

[Warning] Item code game:item-name: Property GrindedStack is obsolete, please use GroundStack instead

Values in bold change according for different items, and the errors repeat many times for many items.
If needed, I can send the server-main file.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, l33tmaan said:

They are still possible, and the meal has actually been buffed. You just need to crack the eggs first.

Can't make scrambled eggs with shell in it, y'know? 

I still cant make it, and the documentation of all the recipes is so bad. its awful. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.