Use pulverizer to break ore chunks to nuggets

DrEngine

It would be nice to have more use for pulverizer. What about possibility to break ore chunks to ore nuggets? Of course this would mean that pulverizer should have more modes i.e. "crush to nuggets", "crush to crushed <ore>" (like quartz/olivine/bauxit/ilmenite) to distinguish different output for ores that can be crushed / break to nuggets (like Ilmenite).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redram said:

This is already planned.  You will have a chance to get a 'bonus nugget' when processing ore this way.  If there is a desire to have different grades of a given material, you'll simply have to run it through multiple times to get the finer grade.

Great. No need to have modes then. Processing ores produces nuggets. And processing nuggets produces crushed ore (i.e.dust). Some material is crushed to dust in first run (bauxit, olivine, quartz) without nuggets.

• 2 years later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, redram said:

This is already planned.  You will have a chance to get a 'bonus nugget' when processing ore this way.  If there is a desire to have different grades of a given material, you'll simply have to run it through multiple times to get the finer grade.

Has this been implemented?  If so, I'm not sure how to make it work, as my pulverizer just powders everything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:09 AM, DrEngine said:

It would be nice to have more use for pulverizer. What about possibility to break ore chunks to ore nuggets? Of course this would mean that pulverizer should have more modes i.e. "crush to nuggets", "crush to crushed <ore>" (like quartz/olivine/bauxit/ilmenite) to distinguish different output for ores that can be crushed / break to nuggets (like Ilmenite).

It was originally going to be that way but they wanted to do ore duplication and having burnt my ass off on just how absurd that got in minecraft modded scene was strongly against it. The main problem with ore duplication is that it gives you FOMO where you have to hold on to unprocessed ores for like 90% of your game until you reach the point where you can fully extract all the material out of it, and that just isn't fun.

Why they didn't just add the functionality but without the duplication is beyond me. That would have been extremely useful.
I think the devs are holding on to the idea to use it for something more fitting down the road than just magically getting double metal out of ores.

Edited by Omega Haxors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.