Shells

Bastez

Being unable to mine borax and unable to find limestone for miles around, leather working has ground to a halt in my 40+ hours game. I used all the borax bits and ground up all the shells I could find but now I'm completely out.

I suggest shells should be found underwater (perhaps they are already but I've been unable to find any in the massive lake on my doorstep!) and more commonly than they are on ground for realism. Also, or maybe alternatively, they should be one of the drops when panning sand.

Edited by Bastez
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bastez said:

Being unable to mine borax

You found borax bits, so I guess you know where you could mine some. So if you haven't found any or enough ore (16 tin nuggets would be enough for exactly one bronze pickaxe and an anvil) to make your own bronze pickaxe, try to find the right traders to make some money/gears and buy either some ore or directly a bronze pickaxe. That way I sometimes have a bronze pickaxe before I even started with copper. ;)

3 hours ago, junawood said:

You found borax bits, so I guess you know where you could mine some. So if you haven't found any or enough ore (16 tin nuggets would be enough for exactly one bronze pickaxe and an anvil) to make your own bronze pickaxe, try to find the right traders to make some money/gears and buy either some ore or directly a bronze pickaxe. That way I sometimes have a bronze pickaxe before I even started with copper. ;)

I've not tried looking for tin as it's described as rare. I've only found three traders so far and one of them isn't home (!) but no bronze picks :(

Well, it's not as common as copper, but if you keep exploring and checking stones on the ground, caves and wherever you find exposed rock, you'll sooner or later find some and other nice stuff. ;) And while you're doing that, keep looking for more traders and check them once in a while for interesting things they might buy or sell. Here you can see what kind of traders might be helpful: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Trading

• Like 1

As Junawood said, if you find surface bits, that means there's a deposit in the stone beneath.  If you don't have a tier 3 tool, you can also use ore blasting bombs - they require sulfur, saltpeter, and charcoal, and one recipe gets your like 8 or 10 bombs iirc. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.