More choices for item bags

JS01

The current system for getting inventory slots by adding upgradable bags offers little agency to the player. Since the bags are straight upgrades, there is no choice to be made except to upgrade when new materials become available.

Consider having more options for bags specialized for different purposes, so the player can tailor their inventory towards their current needs. For example, a javelin belt could hold six spears, but only be used for carrying spears.

• Like 2

Yes, it's already planned to make it so can only wear one backpack.  You'll still have 4 slots, the other 3 will support various other containers, some specialized (like the current mining bag), some not.  There will be some re-shuffling of capacity when this happens, to account for no longer being able to wear 4 backpacks at once.

• Like 7

when they update the inventory system they should think about adding durability to them as well i mean we got clothing that needs to be repaired now. if the durability gets low maybe there is a chanshe that items will fall out if the inventory.
but you need a good balence here with the repaire funktion if you need to repaire it to ofen it will just get anoying and not a fell like a nice gameplay feature.

i like the specelised bags for diffrent usege idea 

• Mind=blown 1

3 hours ago, ReGristy said:

when they update the inventory system they should think about adding durability to them as well i mean we got clothing that needs to be repaired now. if the durability gets low maybe there is a chanshe that items will fall out if the inventory.
but you need a good balence here with the repaire funktion if you need to repaire it to ofen it will just get anoying and not a fell like a nice gameplay feature.

i like the specelised bags for diffrent usege idea 

Your idea of items having a chance to fall out is both amazing and terrifying to me. LOL Maybe if there was a hit-points bar on the bags, so you could better see their condition, it wouldn't be so bad - at least then you know what kind of risk you're taking. That said, I can see how it might be a bit hard to implement; you'd have to figure out how the item looses durability - would it just wear out over time, even if it is just being worn and not used? Or, is it taking damage from putting items into it - if so, do certain items cause more damage than others?

That's not how bags break apart normally... Usually the part you carry the bag with breaks (that's my experience, even with heavy duty bags, tool boxes and suitcases), if they would make it that the game saves the inventory of each bag, then i'd say each full slot in a bag should damage it every so often, while being worn, and when the durability is down the bag drops to the floor and can only be carried in the normal toolbar until repaired.

But tbh i don't like them to break.

Edited by Hal13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.