Suggestion for better clarity as to where the player character is on the map

Pluffy

When bringing up the map with the M key, it happens often that I can't find the white dot that identify my character. This is made worse when around snow since the character dot is also white.

Monster Hunter Rise has a really elegant solution to finding yourself on the map, you push a button, and a "ping" appears around your location. The ping appears as an animated glowing red ring around the player(like the ripple effect of dropping a pebble in water). This makes it quite obvious where the player is on the map. I think that this would be a great way to solve that particular issue.

Alternatively, having a way to center the map around the player would help, but white dot on white snow might still be an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There are also other things, waht I don't like on the map ...

white (person mark) on white snow not fine, thats true. Maybe an option to deactivate seasons-changing on the map would be fine too, I want have the map homogenus. I see "old snow" rests from the first year.

It would be also fine, that stonepaths and other paths would have an other color too, you cant see roads very well on the map.

old snow.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey!
Older post but I'm still replying.

I'm with you. An option to stop seasonal map change would be great. Also don't like the look of unupdated chunks. Maybe just two options like "seasonal change" and "all-summer" or so.

For the roads: I already thought of something like painting on maps. Nothing fancy. Maybe just pixel by pixel. So you could mark things yourself, not just like roads but also circles of e.g. "dangerous" areas or so. I would like paths/roads also to be more visible on map but the problem with automatically rendered paths will be to find a colour to be visible on all surfaces. Maybe full white or black. Red or yellow are not fitting. Those colours are more fitting to borders and such besides. Still, I would find it quite immersion breaking to have roads rendered in bright colours whereas buildings and such would just be rendered as of now. I like to see my village/town rendered on the map. A solid bright red/white/black/... line between houses would infuriate me :D. So I think a painting-option added next to the existing markes would be a solution for everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I run into that quite often. Someone asks me whether there's a way to do X, and I say, "Sure, press K (or whatever)"

"How do you know that? Where can I find that mentioned?"

"I don't know. Might have been accidentally pressing the key, might have been mentioned in some forum thread, I just don't remember."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.