[Outdated] ExtendedPlay v0.778 - Now separated

Balduranne

The aim of ExtendedPlay is to add tweaks and some quality-of-life changes. The mods are as follows:

Animal Pelts: Adds exactly what it says on the tin - Animals now drop pelts that can be used as decoration for either walls or floors. To change a floor pelt into a wall pelt and vice versa, simply put it in the crafting grid. 

Useful Monsters: Adds Health Shards that let you heal up. The small variant drops from Locusts and Drifters and heals you for 2HP and lowers your Saturation by 50. You can craft 4 of them in a grid to make a large version that heals for 8HP, at the cost of 200 Sat.

Anna Tweaks: Adds small changes to the game. Namely - Updated bamboo and andesite/granite textures, ability to turn copper toolheads back into ingots, recycle copper anvil back into ore, increased hay yield per craft, scythe now works on reeds. Note that texture changes are clientside, and will work on servers. Includes Stroam's wolf damage tweak

Builder: My block adding mod. For the moment it only adds bamboo doors and mud walls (See version history for recipes)

Fear Not: Don't fear the reaper - This mod disables dropping your inventory on death. Now go forth and explore

Version history (Global): 

Spoiler

v0.1:

I don't know about you folks, but I absolutely hate Drifters.

This mod gives them more use, other than dropping temporal gear - They will now commonly drop blue clay, and a new item:

Health_Shard.png

Health Shard: Heals 2 points, but drains saturation by 50.  The mod also makes them more skittish after getting punched in the face. This is the result of being frustrated at the lack of proper healing and drifters being a nuisance.

v0.2:

Health_Shard-Small.png->Health_Shard.png

Changed the sprite, 4 shards can be combined into a larger one that heals 8 at the cost of 200 saturation. Locusts have a 50/50 chance of dropping small shard now.

v0.3:

Tweaked Andesite and Granite colors to make them more distinguishable - Granite is brighter, Andesite has a bluish tint. 

2018-04-14_20-14-04.png

Note - The stone replacement is client-side, so it will still work if a server doesn't have it.

v0.4:

Bamboo Door

2018-04-15_16-57-04.png

This took much longer than it should, but here you have it. 

2018-04-15_16-58-46.png

The crafting recipe had to be changed, as all bamboo planks ended up turning it into a regular door. Vanilla doors remain unchanged. 

v0.5a:

This version disables item dropping upon death. I decided to put it in a separate download since I'm not sure how many people would use it along with this mod. Otherwise the mod remains unchanged. 

It can be toggled in assets\game\entities\humanoid\player.json - Look for line "keepContents: true"

v0.6:

Stroam gave me permission to add his tweaks to the mod:

-Wolf damage decreased from 10 to 6

-Added grid recipe to recycle copper anvil to 32 anvils (1 ingot short of making a new one)

-Recycling tool heads into ingots.

-Scythe now harvests cattails in an area

Please note that the above tweaks are also used by the Darkagecraft server

v0.75:

New block: Mud Wall

2018-04-19_20-29-39.png

The reasoning behind this block, is that it was hard to build a shelter in early game when there's no bamboo around, and hay is a little gathering-intensive to make a decent amount. The look is inspired by real life mud huts.

The crafting recipe is pretty efficient, as I didn't want to put the player in a situation where one has to wipe out a hill just to build a small house.

2018-04-19_20-31-04.png

New block: Wolf fur pelts and rugs: (Placement code courtesy of Stroam, thank you!)

2018-04-19_20-29-47.png

I hate wolves. Now you can hunt them down for home decoration! They're an uncommon/rareish drop from wolves in 3 color variants (Black, Brown, Grey) as either a pelt or a rug form.

Both the floor and wall versions can be crafted into each other by putting it in the crafting grid. Ie, if you have a brown floor rug, you can turn it into a wall version. This is a little inconvenient, but it saves on the coding.

They're all supposed to drop with a 10% chance, which in practice means the black pelt drops less often than the grey one. I currently do not know how to fix it without an inordinate amount of testing and tweaking. The wolf pelts will likely be moved and reworked into another mod when there are more mechanisms in place (Hopefully next game update?)

v0.77:

2018-04-19_21-54-17.png

Minor update: Increased hay block yield to 3 instead of 1 per craft, improved bamboo plant textures (Brown and green). 

v0.78:

Separated the mod into themed packs. Added boar and sheep pelts:2018-06-06_21-25-18.png

More items may be added as I come up with ideas. It should be fully compatible with anything, however - Don't use the All-In-One version along with the others.

Downloads: (Always up to date)

All-In-One Version

Animal Pelts

Useful Monsters

Anna Tweaks

Builder

Fear Not

Likely future additions:

-Door variants for all planks

-Simple food making

-Proper versioning

Edited by Balduranne
  • Like 2

It's a good concept, as it also bothers me that drifters and spiders do not drop anything. Although in real life we do not always have usable resources from an animal, like a spider.

In any case, we should be able to get at least fertilizer components if nothing else.

I would like to ask if is not too much trouble for a mod version name standard.

The form I think works best is : [Game Version] Mod Name.Mod Version.   

When administering multiple servers we are forced to keep a mod repository and need to be able to quickly identify mod version and compatibility.

4 hours ago, tony Liberatto said:

It's a good concept, as it also bothers me that drifters and spiders do not drop anything. Although in real life we do not always have usable resources from an animal, like a spider.

In any case, we should be able to get at least fertilizer components if nothing else.

I would like to ask if is not too much trouble for a mod version name standard.

The form I think works best is : [Game Version] Mod Name.Mod Version.   

When administering multiple servers we are forced to keep a mod repository and need to be able to quickly identify mod version and compatibility.

Do you mean the mod version for the zip? Yeah, I'll change that.

And unfortunately I don't know how to code fertilizer, otherwise I'd add that! I was also thinking of having chickens drop eggs, but I'm not sure how to do it without killing them

I like this idea.  (Avoiding spoilers about the mystical temporal gear drifter drop. ) It's currently a rare drop with less than 1% probability with drifters.  Making the gear craftable from the shards could be useful.  This would give further reason to go hunting them on the darkest nights.

Being a rare item people would want makes it a potentially valuable trade item.

• 2 weeks later...

New version up - This on disabled item dropping upon death. Thanks to Tyron for telling me how to change it!

This is sort of a 'sidegrade', as I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that. Regardless, following versions will have it included (Whether enabled or disabled remains to be seen).

Next one will lower wolf damage to make them more reasonable to deal with

8 hours ago, Stroam said:

I think you also forgot to mention that the scythe harvested cattails in AOE unless you removed that tweak.

I have indeed forgot to mention that. Could you make it work on grass, too? Assuming it doesn't already

Edited by Balduranne

2 hours ago, tony Liberatto said:

Likely future additions:

-Door variants for all planks

-Simple food making

-Proper versioning

That's so funny, I can't stop laughing.

It's the most important feature! Updater Builder with working inventory icons... Hopefully

1 hour ago, tony Liberatto said:

I would love to see the bamboo texture divided into green and brown. I think it would go well with your builder mod.

When using green bamboo you should get green bamboo planks and stakes.

To be fair, I wasn't even sure if green bamboo was in the game, but I'll see if I can do that. 

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.