Compost should be changed

Laskuna

Its unrealistic to making compost in sealed barrels.  
This should be just a pile of a vegetation/ rots, withh options to change flowers or grass into compost. Can work same but add new model, something like a foto. Just a open box. 
Visuals can use reverse sand panning - growning block mechanic with wegetation texture, + changing to rot texture when start procesing maybe.

Maybe add option to change compost blocks into "compost fertilizer" ( powder ).

lawn-service-How-to-make-compost-18.jpg

Edited by Laskuna
  • Like 5

• Laskuna changed the title to Compost should be changed

I also think you should be able to put non-rotted food into compost bins to rot, and it should rot faster there. Maybe as encouragement to send anything you know will rot to a composter, food could spoil faster if the chest contained any rots, making you have a real reason to identify what you won't eat before it rots. My berry stores rot 90% of the time, and I lose a lot of meat too, and I think having the ability and the need to realize before they rot and move them to compost would make the game a little more immersive and fun. (also I'd love a denser fruit source than berries, especially because my grain mostly goes to my animals, I think the ability to turn dough and a lot of berries into pie would be great, or a way to make juices and wines for those nutrients.)

I like the idea of added unrotten food to a composter.

I think adding the additional mechanic of rotting food causing other food to rot quicker would be an "unfun" element for a large number of players (myself included).  While it adds realism, sometimes adding realism detracts from the fun of a game.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I think that's a great idea and makes perfect sense. It would also be cool to use leaves for compost since in real life leaf litter is one of the best composts, but then they would need to add a way to harvest the whole leaf block, plus there are SO many other, arguably more important changes and additions to be made 🤷

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.