Was food reduced (nerfed) to bare minimum?

lOgAnmalONE

I've been away for a while due to the pandemic and started playing again since January 2020. I recall starting out that food was not that difficult to find like berries at least. I've updated my game to the most recent build version and I'm struggling to find ANY sort of food. I've only found three red berries in 90 minutes of real game play time after searching a very large part of the starting area. The game seeds that I'm getting using the default game settings are horrendous. I've died 3 times due to the lack of basic food.  Was there an update that that nerfed or reduced food sources from spawning that I'm unaware of?   My game seed is 1575217973 using build version 1.14.10. World size 1024000x256x1024000

If anyone has a game seed that gives a better sliver of a chance to survive, please let me know what it is.  Thanks!

Edited by Diross Asi

I started a world with that seed in standard mode without any changes, and found cranberries, blueberries and spelt within the first minute and more stuff in the next 6 minutes. I guess you just need to get used to the game and spotting food again. In my experience when you start a new world at first it can feel like there's not enough food, but after a while you see it everywhere. Though the high hunger rate in standard mode definitely doesn't help, 50% like in exploration mode is way more relaxed. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.