Ore and rock type correlated?

Maelstrom

There's some connection - you can find the details in the in-game guide (press 'H', search for the ore you're interested in, it should list the rocks it can occur in), but I think the most common ores (copper, tin, lead, etc) occur in a large majority of the various rock types. Rarer stuff like meteoric iron only happens in a couple of rock types, though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahueonao said:

Rarer stuff like meteoric iron only happens in a couple of rock types, though.

You're not technically wrong, meteoric iron only occurs in suevite impact rock. However, that impact can generate anywhere - it spawns like a ruin, and doesn't care which stone type is normally there. So in practical application, meteoric iron doesn't care about the area's stone type, either. ;)

On 5/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, Streetwind said:

You're not technically wrong, meteoric iron only occurs in suevite impact rock. However, that impact can generate anywhere - it spawns like a ruin, and doesn't care which stone type is normally there. So in practical application, meteoric iron doesn't care about the area's stone type, either. ;)

Already knew about that one.  Have a nugget on the ground <25 blocks from my homestead taunting me while I search for material to make bronze.  Gonna be some time before I can dig out that beautiful silvery metal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.